Anyone using the Morningstar MC-6 with the FM3?

northtrader

Inspired
I'm just getting started with the FM3 and I'm contemplating 'expanding' the button options on the FM3.
I was exploring the morningstar MC6 and was wondering if anyone has or is using this device with their FM3 and, if you are using the MC6, how's it working out for you?

I use the MC-8 with my FM3. I have 2 pages for presets and a page for effects. I also have the 3 FM3 buttons utilized then for channels, looper and utilities (tap/tuner). Same with the MC-6 you will just use more pages unless you have less presets and effects in which case you are set.

I have a MC6 - great device, a good stream of updates that really enhance the use cases for it and support is responsive. If I was buying now and wasn’t constrained by money/space I‘d buy a MC8. The spacing between switches is tight on the MC6 and is much better on the MC8 and the top of the MC8 is angled which imo gives better access to the switches.

I'm using an MC6 with mine and I love it. Mostly for scene changes, plus I've got two expression pedals plugged into it so I can use the FM3 switch/pedal jacks for other things (I'm using it for stand-in switches).

I'm using an MC6 with mine and I love it. Mostly for scene changes, plus I've got two expression pedals plugged into it so I can use the FM3 switch/pedal jacks for other things (I'm using it for stand-in switches).

Well. I ended up getting one and I have mine set up exactly like your description.
Morningstar support response is fabulous. I even had responses on the weekend. Can't beat that.

Thanks for all the replies and suggestions guys.

Not to hijack this thread, but I have struggled with MIDI cable orientation and connector size when setting up my Temple Audio pedalboard.
Not using my FM3 on a pedalboard yet (still learning the operation), but just recently finished setting up a Boss ES-8 with good old stomp boxes.
I wanted to feed the MIDI cables through the existing cable holes in the Templeboard as well as have the ability to specify the orientation of the cable coming out of the MIDI connector. The only cables I found that can do this are ones made with the Switchcraft MIDI jack. The jack comes apart which allows me to pass it through the Templeboards cable hole and you can orient the connector in any direction. Here is the pedalboard with these connectors (left side of the ES-8, HX Stomp and H9)IMG_6562 sm.jpg

"One Control" MIDI cables have reversible orientation. They're only up/down and not right/left, but they're good for that and they're fairly flat. Not as flat as the Rockboard ones, but still pretty good.

I got my MC3 a few weeks back before my FM3 arrived. Just starting to figure out how to get it switching things. Lots of great vids out there to help. I'm taking the 6 button approach like my FC6 is with the Axe III. I'm used to that setup so hopefully I can set this up the same way or similar. I didn't want to make this board overly large.

I'm using now. MC-6 takes little real estate on pedalboard compared to my FC-6.
You can do evrything. Three buttons on FM3 serve amp control,saturation,etc..
since I have bought Live Gold pack... It does well with GT-1000core,too.
IMG_0472.JPGIMG_0478.JPG

Back
Top Bottom