Anyone using the iPad app for Behringer XR 18 Air?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I have several issue
1 creating a mix for a channel -kick drum is getting the effects I put on Vocal ch's 1-3
2 I need to learn ho to create a monitor mix

Thanks!

99% of the vines on YT are for the Air Edit app not the iPad

The challenge with any of these app controlled mixers is finding your way around it. The effects are set up once, for the whole mixer, and sent to channel by channel. For effects and monitor sends select the channel by tapping the screen just above the Solo button. This brings up the channel settings in the upper half of the screen. Tap Sends, which is the second menu option. Here you can select which effects the channel is sent through, and how much is sent.

It's a similar method for the monitor mix. Use a Bus for each IEM/monitor channel. You can select how much of each input channel you send to each monitor in two ways. Either select the input channel and bring up the Sends screen as you did for effects. Alternatively, and easier for most people, select the Bus you want to send to from the right hand side of the main screen, and then move the faders for each input channel.

@Roland,. Ok thanks for the reply!! When I opened the Bus area I saw the faders move and did not realize they were separate than the regular ch strip ones.
**Will they stay there when I close the app or do I need to save in 'Snapshot'?

I use a Air 12 for our small acoustic shows. My problem has always been that the included router function/wifi access point is garbage. The ipad loses connection constantly and cant hold a signal for more than one device.

It drops all signal or doesnt load the mixer at all at times. With two ipads it just locks up. Id say like 60% of the time, it works.

@cragginshred, a few notes...

1) the iPad app is widely considered to be crap compared to the Android app, especially if you use the android Mixing Station Pro instead of the "official" app. You're better off getting an inexpensive Android device like the Amazon Fire HD8 ($49 a couple weeks ago) and sideloading the Google Play Store to download apps.
2) the built-in AP should be a backup plan, not Plan A. Once you get a crowd in a small space, good luck with 2.4Ghz spectrum. Get a better router. There are a couple discussions online about this right now.
3) The best place to get help with this is on the Behringer X-Air Forum.

Back
Top Bottom