Anyone using the crossover?

L

luke

Trying to wrap my mind around how to use the Axe crossover to split my input signal to two grid lines. Do I need to incorporate a mixer?

I want to keep everything under 250hz clean and above with efx to mimic the Charlie Hunter walking bass with chords idea from a single magnetic pickup. I know Charlie's Novax has separate output for the lower strings, I owned his 8 string for a while.

That could give you some interesting and useful options, but you may not get the string separation you're looking for. Even the low notes have content above 250 Hz, and a given fundamental occurs on several strings. There are some interesting possibilities there, but it's not the same thing as separate pickups.

I was thinking of using a blocking PEQ set around 200hz and I figured playing with grid line volumes I could create a reasonably clean bass note, then another PEQ to have effected part not have much of the bass note.

I have been working on a patch with the X-over that I will post in the next few days. It does a lot depending on what you want to accomplish.

Just what you said keeping FX off of the low frequencies for a tighter low end, having different amounts of distortion on low or high strings (can be either), having NF IR's on the lows while using FF IR's on the highs (or the opposite) and more.

Just testing some more to make sure it's workable as the x-over also screws with the overall frequency response of the patch, but it's really variable with a lot to adjust.

Keith

Back
Top Bottom