Anyone using the Ceba lcd protectors?

Stratman68

Axe-Master
So, just wondering how they fit, look, etc.
Wondering if any changes in heat also. Yes I know, just asking......

View attachment 70893
I've got them on mine! Don't mind the cat hair all over it. :p No change to heat because it's not covering the air vents.
Thanks-I meant the heat from the metal being held in\reflected back or whatever. I know where the vents are but the whole unit is exposed to the heat. My post is mainly about the fit\look, etc.

BTW, I thought the LCD was covered not the whole top including knobs? Is that a special or different top cover?

I have the FM3 version.

Pros:
  • the material is really thick: sturdy and protective
  • visibility through the protector is great

Cons:
  • the material is really thick: hitting buttons is a bit harder in the button cutouts....this could also be considered a pro, as you won't be hitting them accidentally
  • reflections
  • the magnets aren't strong enough to keep the protector from shifting in transport...make sure the knobs are centered and not rubbing against the protector when you set up
  • first one didn't fit right; Chad was great with support and sent out another one that fits perfectly at no charge

On balance, I'm glad I got them. I was concerned about a dropped cable end damaging the main FM3 screen. With this in the way, don't see that happening.

Thanks-I meant the heat from the metal being held in\reflected back or whatever. I know where the vents are but the whole unit is exposed to the heat. My post is mainly about the fit\look, etc.

BTW, I thought the LCD was covered not the whole top including knobs? Is that a special or different top cover?

I ordered whatever the standard one was on his website. Not sure if he has different ones, though due to the way it attaches, I'm not sure you could make one that only covered the screen without it being too wiggly and loose. As ElectricPhase said, it's really thick, so it changes the "feel" of using the buttons. Instead of the smoothness of the buttons on the FM3, there's a little roughness from the edges of the protector that hits your hands. Now that doesn't mean it's harder to hit the buttons; it just feels different. That said, I'm happy to sacrifice a little bit of "feel" aesthetic for the peace of mind knowing I'll not have to replace a damaged screen with as much as I would be taking this in and out of the house during non-Covid times.

@ ElectricPhase I figured I was stuck with a poor fitting top guard. I will have to contact Chad and see if he will send me another one, due to the poor fit. The cutouts for the side handles don't match and therefore all the rotary knobs rub on the guard. I am worried about that.

Here's my FM3 with CEBA clear guards and Clear, V1 Barefoot Buttons.

First I really like the CEBA guards, but they don't fit great. There is interference on the rotary knobs and at the side handles.

For the proper fit of the BB's, I removed material from the bottom skirt of the button until I got enough clearance to stay off the guard.

power up.JPG

straight.jpg

angle.JPG

button down.JPG

back.JPG

Quote Reply

Report Edit Delete

I bought this, but don’t think I’ll be installing it. I was told by the owner that you first have to remove all the knobs, and then “bend” the cover (!) to get it past the two carry handles. And now that I hear the fit might not be great, I think I’ll just leave the FM3 alone. It looks great just as it is.

I bought this, but don’t think I’ll be installing it. I was told by the owner that you first have to remove all the knobs, and then “bend” the cover (!) to get it past the two carry handles. And now that I hear the fit might not be great, I think I’ll just leave the FM3 alone. It looks great just as it is.

I just slipped mine over the top no problem! It is a tight fit around the handles, but I just flexed the plexiglass a little bit and it popped through no problem. I certainly didn't have to remove any knobs.

He will also do custom sizes
for instance i mentioned that i did not want all the buttons and encoders covered ONLY the main screen
Chad said no problem

He will also do custom sizes
for instance i mentioned that i did not want all the buttons and encoders covered ONLY the main screen
Chad said no problem
That's exactly what I wanted.....................Did you get a price by any chance. I personally think that is something he would sell easily.

Back
Top Bottom