Anyone using the Axe2 with the Taylor GS Mini?

rickgk

Experienced
Hi,

I'm in the market for a cheap acoustic guitar to use at home for songwriting, recording, & for playing along with my daughter for singing practice.
The Taylor GS Mini has really piqued my interest because it's cheap, is nice and small and feels quite alot like an electric, I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing the ES Go pickup they sell with it plug into the axe?
The clips i've heard of the ES Go sound pretty poor to me, but maybe it works well with the axe2, anyone currently using this combo?

Hi,

I'm in the market for a cheap acoustic guitar to use at home for songwriting, recording, & for playing along with my daughter for singing practice.
The Taylor GS Mini has really piqued my interest because it's cheap, is nice and small and feels quite alot like an electric, I'm wondering if it's worth purchasing the ES Go pickup they sell with it plug into the axe?
The clips i've heard of the ES Go sound pretty poor to me, but maybe it works well with the axe2, anyone currently using this combo?

I have one and it's a great little acoustic with huge sound for a mini. I haven't tried it with the II. I only plugged it in one time with the Ultra and felt the ES Go lacking big time. I'll pull it out tonight and check it out with the II but I have my doubts. It really is a great sounding little acoustic though. It's my travel toy.

Thanks very much for the prompt reply, that's what i thought, all the clips I've heard of the pickup sound pretty ordinary.

Acoustically it sounds really good but I kind of don't want a travel toy (as you refer to it) i would still like to do some pretty serious recording with it, maybe I should just man up and get a full size acoustic?

Ok, tried it with the II. The ES Go has a definite single coil type hum that is much louder than any of my other guitars regardless of orientation. I did a little research after trying and found many others complaining of the same thing. It is after all a magnetic single coil so I wasn't expecting the cleanliness of the ES systems on my other Taylors. If you really like the form factor of the mini and the price range you could always put in a Fishman or similar sound hole pickup for recording. I cannot say enough about the guitar. I have several Taylors and find myself picking it up more than the others. People are amazed at the huge acoustic sound it produces and it's just fun to play!

Thanks so much for that, i think you have sold me :)

They are are good buy for the $ in my humble opinion but don't get me wrong. It's still a mini and entry level Taylor. There are lots of Youtube demos. I know some people with baby taylors and the gs mini was far superior. You can't go wrong but if you do don't blame me. :)

Back
Top Bottom