Anyone using MFC 101 MK III as a midi controller

naka2112

Inspired
I am pretty sure I am going to sell the axe fx 2 xl, but was thinking I might keep the MFC-101 to control my rig (strymon timeline, big sky and Mobius). Is this possible or does it have to be used with the axe? I am pretty sure It's possible, but I have never tried it, and I don't have the strymon stuff yet.

Thanks in advance

Wha? Sell your XL??:shock

You gotsta be nuts...

But anyway... uh... the MFC 101 is a MIDI controller... so it can control MIDI devices...
Did you read the manual? I'd start there, and then if you have specific questions or challenges then bring them up.

I'm trying to use the xl with all three of my bogners and the noise irritates me. Cannot avoid hum and hiss in 4cm. The Strymon stuff is silent. I've tried everything from ISO transformers to humbuster cables. Too much tweaking for me.

Yes it is... I currently use it to control eventide's 4 factor pedals and also have it set up to work with my Ipad (OnSong App).

It took me a while to understand everything but now that I do, I've got it all dialed in. Works great. But really it comes down to how you want to use it. I found that the MFC was the best choice on the market that met my needs.

Regarding 4cm - 2 cents you may not have considered - my strategy in relation to my mini recto was to use "before amp" traditional pedals and have the Axe in the FX loop for time based stuff. This also gives me the option of running all AxeFx blocks (pre, amp models, and post) into the clean channel of my recto if I want (sounds awesome). I'm betting that the next gen of AxeFx will have the same 4cm features as the Fx8, so when the time comes, I'll go back to full 4cm with the next ten AxeFx.

Yes it is... I currently use it to control eventide's 4 factor pedals and also have it set up to work with my Ipad (OnSong App).

It took me a while to understand everything but now that I do, I've got it all dialed in. Works great. But really it comes down to how you want to use it. I found that the MFC was the best choice on the market that met my needs.

@aggiemike08 did you manage to use the MFC to control the tap tempo on your eventide pedals as well?

I'm using it purely as a midi pedal to control my Pod HD Pro, TC Electronic G-Major 2, TC Nova Drive, and Rocktron Patchmate Loop 8 (Carl Martin Comp and TS9). I've got it set up like a big stomp box (17 stomps) and use the Up and Down buttons to change presets. The "Tap" button controls the tempo of both the Pod and the G-Major.

IMG_5356.jpg IMG_5355.jpg

Back
Top Bottom