Anyone using MBritt IRs?

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone tried these?
https://mbritt.com/product/mblended-ir-pack-1/?

I see they get much love from other modelers users and his kemper profiles are probably the most revered.
I also like the concept of a few "neutral" and mid forward IRs that can work for any live tone, that's something I've tried to achieve recently but only partially succeeded.

Please share your opinion on these if you've tried them!

they are ok, but nothing that more recent contributions by all the regular IR producers here dont match or improve...that being said , my Kemper is 90% MBritt profiles........

Former Helix guy here. I have the Helix preset pack, which includes "all 30 of the Custom IR Pack IRs". No idea how those relate to the pack you're asking about, and I haven't tried the ones I have with the Axe yet. I'm kinda going easy on the 3rd party IR rabbit hole so far, there's plenty of other rabbit holes in the neighborhood, not to mention the huge pile of factory IRs if I'm looking for that particular flavor of entertainment...

That said, they haven't really grabbed me so far. Their intent is to be gig ready, and they may well be that, people seem to like them a lot at volume. I'm not gigging any more these days, though I do get the volume up sometimes, at least by my no-doubt-wimpy standards, but I haven't really connected with them.

Last edited:
Former Helix guy here. I have the Helix preset pack, which includes "all 30 of the Custom IR Pack IRs". No idea how those relate to the pack you're asking about
Yes they're the same IRs

So it seems they're not so special as some reviews might induce to think.
They still intrigue me though cuz I like what I'm hearing in the samples and the way Britt describes what his goal was with this IRs makes me think they might meet my taste.

Anyway, thanks to both of you for sharing your thoughts

Even if I personally wasn't blown away, there's no question that Michael is an experienced professional, as both a player and a Kemper profile maker, and he has a very balanced perspective on what works. It's certainly worth checking a pack out if they interest you.

They are pretty mid heavy. Sounds generally better with cleaner amps. The P&W guys seem to love that sound so if you’re in that wheelhouse might be worth a shot?

I installed them again tonight and will tinker with them. I liked some of his amps in the Kemper when I had it but it could lack presence.

They are pretty mid heavy.
That's one of the reason I'm intrigued.
This is the eq I'm currently using in my cab blocks, it makes most near-field IRs tonal balance be similar to far-field IRs and it works really well when playing with a band (for my taste at least)

IMG_20200124_100007.jpg

Back
Top Bottom