Anyone Using Marshall JMP-1 Preamp With FX8?

davidevo

Inspired
Hello everyone, I'm finally getting around to replacing my G-System with the FX8, and I have a Marshall JMP-1 preamp.

Here is the G-System 4CM:

Guitar > G-System In
G-System Insert Send > JMP In (Front Input)
JMP Master L Out > G-System Insert Return
G-System Out > Power Amp In

Would this be the best 4CM for the FX8:

Guitar > FX8 In Pre
FX8 Out Pre L > JMP In (Front Input)
JMP Master L Out > FX8 In Post L
FX8 Out Post L > Power Amp In

The JMP-1 does have an effects loop. I wanted to get some feedback before I tried anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and have a great evening.

Dave

Would this be the best 4CM for the FX8:

Guitar > FX8 In Pre
FX8 Out Pre L > JMP In (Front Input)
JMP Master L Out > FX8 In Post L
FX8 Out Post L > Power Amp In

The JMP-1 does have an effects loop.
that looks about right. an Effects Loop on a typical guitar amp is mostly designed to place effects after the pre-amp, but before the power amp. since the JMP-1 IS a preamp only, anything after it would be in the "effects loop" area, then you just send that to the separate power amp. your setup description is exactly that.

Thanks for the fast response Chris. I'm new to the FX8 and I'm looking forward to getting the FX8 in my rig.

Dave

I'm using a Carvin TS 100 for my power amp and it sounds great. I also have a Mesa Triaxis preamp, which I may try, but the JMP-1 (Voodoo Amps Modified) works really well and sounds fantastic.

I'm using a Carvin TS 100 for my power amp and it sounds great. I also have a Mesa Triaxis preamp, which I may try, but the JMP-1 (Voodoo Amps Modified) works really well and sounds fantastic.
I bet ! I have always regret selling it...

Back
Top Bottom