Anyone using FM3 FM9 for Resonator guitar with Fishman pickup or playing Mandolin

DUC

Looking for some suggested blocks amps cabs that would work best for resonator and mandolin. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks

Here's a link for some IR's...impulse responses that you can load into your device. You might try using the tube pre as it's a relatively neutral sounding bloc. A parametric eq block would be good to use to help shape the sound of your instrument. If you need more level from your signal chain, you can use a filter block to boost your signal without adding any tone coloration.
What type of resonator are you using? Metal body or wood?

https://www.3sigmaaudio.com/acoustic-impulses/

Here's a link for some IR's...impulse responses that you can load into your device. You might try using the tube pre as it's a relatively neutral sounding bloc. A parametric eq block would be good to use to help shape the sound of your instrument. If you need more level from your signal chain, you can use a filter block to boost your signal without adding any tone coloration.
What type of resonator are you using? Metal body or wood?

https://www.3sigmaaudio.com/acoustic-impulses/
Thanks. It's a wood square neck dobro.

I used the FM9 on my doubleneck guitar/octave mandolin this weekend.
Tube pre- 3sigma J45 IRs - studio compressor - delay and verb

It sounded beyond amazing.

You can boost the IN block level to compensate for piezo pickups and even save those levels as scenes for different instruments.

An old "trick" I learned in the 80"s, was to use a Boss 6 band graphic eq pedal to get a faux dobro sound.
I still use this idea on my pedal steel patches. I was going to use my dobro at a gig I played this summer, but
the stage volume was too loud and my dobro was feeding back, so I use my pedal steel instead.
So, in the amp block is a graphic eq. Set this to the 7 band eq of your choice.
Boost 200 and 3.2K 4db boost to taste
Boost 800 8db With my pedal steel, I boost this +10(not at my AxeFx currently, not sure of value ).
When I tried a dobro, it didn't need as much of a boost
Cut 100,400,1.6K, 6.4K- full cut

An old "trick" I learned in the 80"s, was to use a Boss 6 band graphic eq pedal to get a faux dobro sound.
I still use this idea on my pedal steel patches. I was going to use my dobro at a gig I played this summer, but
the stage volume was too loud and my dobro was feeding back, so I use my pedal steel instead.
So, in the amp block is a graphic eq. Set this to the 7 band eq of your choice.
Boost 200 and 3.2K 4db boost to taste
Boost 800 8db With my pedal steel, I boost this +10(not at my AxeFx currently, not sure of value ).
When I tried a dobro, it didn't need as much of a boost
Cut 100,400,1.6K, 6.4K- full cut
thank you

Back
Top Bottom