Anyone Using Factory Cabs 54-57?

Would you have a conniption fit if factory cab 54, 55, 56 or 57 were replaced?

• Total voters
I use and like a lot the: (57 - 4x12 Slm H75 (OH)) in 12 presets.

For the over:
54 - 4x12 Mills 12K (OH) in 3 presets mixed with over.
55 - 4x12 Slm Blue (OH) not used
56 - 4x12 Slm G65 (OH) in one preset.

For me : "replace them, but offer the four as a free download" is a good suggestion

Doesn't Mark Day still use the H75 as his main cab in many presets?

PS It's a real question, not a rhetorical one.

Last edited:
I don't hate Ownhammer's products. Quite the contrary. I simply don't like those particular IRs which are some of his early work which isn't nearly as good as his recent stuff. I asked him about replacing the old OH IRs with new ones and he would not consent. He has refused to allow any new IRs to be included as factory IRs.

I can not judge but it seems that he didn't offer any rational reason. Could he be offended by the new rising stars (ML) getting more space? It would be silly if that would be the truth. I hope there's some better explanation. I would certainly like to have some of his new IRs as an option.

Last edited:
I don't hate Ownhammer's products. Quite the contrary. I simply don't like those particular IRs which are some of his early work which isn't nearly as good as his recent stuff. I asked him about replacing the old OH IRs with new ones and he would not consent. He has refused to allow any new IRs to be included as factory IRs.

Happy to see the old ones gone. This seems very silly on Kevin's part. Why wouldn't you want to showcase your work to everyone that owns an Axe Fx 2 and Ax8? Surely that would increase sales of all his other IRs. If it was me I would push to get all my IRs replaced with new UltraRes IRs so that there would be lots of stuff with my name on it and everything sounding great. Free marketing!!!

On a side note, I would be happy to see all old RedWirez IRs replaced as well.

Doesn't Mark Day still use the H75 as his main cab in many presets?

PS It's a real question, not a rhetorical one.
Good question. He has IRs of his actual cabinets now. The IRs that start with 4x12 Fractal are his cabinet and speakers which are V30 and Greenback loaded cabinets.

Pinging @Mark Day to let us know what IRs he favors these days!

Very much looking forward to the new IRs!

Thought I wasn't going to care much for new firmware, due to Quantum being so freakin awesome as it is. But hearing this and "new amp models" has brought back that F5 feeling!

Love eeeeet!

Thank you for your response, Cliff. I hope Kevin comes around eventually.

IMO you can nuke everything that is not UR.

For what it's worth, this is how I feel about the factory cabs.

I can not judge but it seems that he didn't offer any rational reason. Could he be offended by the new rising stars (ML) getting more space? It would be silly if that would be the truth. I hope there's some better explanation. I would certainly like to have some of his new IRs as an option.

OH cabs have been part of the stock cabs for a long time, so he's the only one who can determine if OH stock cabs generate extra revenue, or rather result in less revenue. I wouldn't call that silly or irrational. It's just business.

Last edited:
Happy to see the old ones gone. This seems very silly on Kevin's part. Why wouldn't you want to showcase your work to everyone that owns an Axe Fx 2 and Ax8? Surely that would increase sales of all his other IRs. If it was me I would push to get all my IRs replaced with new UltraRes IRs so that there would be lots of stuff with my name on it and everything sounding great. Free marketing!!!

On a side note, I would be happy to see all old RedWirez IRs replaced as well.

It actually makes sense that it may lose revenue for the IR makers. I know several people that love Mikko's IR's, for example, but have never purchased a pack of his. The factory Mesas and Marshalls seem to be sufficient for their needs. Different strokes and all that. And I agree about the RedWirez, not my cup of tea either.

Including some of the recent FAS IR's into future firmware replacing some older ones would show what the unit is currently capable of as a lot of the tech/captures have improved and grown immensely; a lot of the newest FAS M160 IR's sound amazing and pair with so many types of amps....

I'm not using the cabs indicated in the OP...

OH cabs have part of the stock cabs for a long time, so he's the only one who can determine if OH stock cabs generate extra revenue, or rather result in less revenue. I wouldn't call that silly or irrational. It's just business.

It's hard to imagine that it results in less revenue. Donating 4 new IRs of the whole collection to give you the taste can not possibly cause that much damage. Doesn't every IR producer have a few free ones to check them out anyhow?

I'm sorry to have used words like not rational or silly however, I was just speculating. The man has his reasons. It's just a pity that he doesn't want to be present any more.

Back
Top Bottom