Anyone Using DRS Racks AB14?

Genghis

Power User
Just wanted to see if anyone has the DRS Racks AB14 guitar rack.

https://www.drsracks.com/ab14/

I have the Alpha, which is essentially the top half of the rack. I'm thinking about getting the Bravo so that I have the full rack. I like the Alpha that I have, but I'm concerned about how sturdy the whole unit would be stacking up like that. I know the part I have is well made, and I like the idea of being able to put out a few more guitars to grab when I want to play. My acoustic and classical tend to take up more than one space on that type of rack, but I can fit 7 electrics. If I put out those two guitars it only holds 2 electrics, a bass, and those two, so I'm kind of thinking it would be nice to have a bit more room for a few more axes.

Yeah, I know I should just sell a few guitars, but that's not what we are about. LOL

Just wanted to see if anyone has the DRS Racks AB14 guitar rack.

https://www.drsracks.com/ab14/

I have the Alpha, which is essentially the top half of the rack. I'm thinking about getting the Bravo so that I have the full rack. I like the Alpha that I have, but I'm concerned about how sturdy the whole unit would be stacking up like that. I know the part I have is well made, and I like the idea of being able to put out a few more guitars to grab when I want to play. My acoustic and classical tend to take up more than one space on that type of rack, but I can fit 7 electrics. If I put out those two guitars it only holds 2 electrics, a bass, and those two, so I'm kind of thinking it would be nice to have a bit more room for a few more axes.

Yeah, I know I should just sell a few guitars, but that's not what we are about. LOL

I have and LOVE the AB14. It is sturdy with the exception of a bit of wobble-likely because the unit is just over 6 feet tall.

I have yet to worry about the safety of my guitars in the year+ I’ve owned the unit. I did catch my 2 and 4 year old trying to climb and hide in the stocked rack and if it can survived those maniacs you’re probably safe:)

Cool, if it is safe enough to use with a 2 and 4 year-old around I'll take that as a plus. I think I may just do it.

Another plus is that I would need to buy at least a couple of more guitars to really make it pay off, wouldn't I? 9 or 10 is just enough to overlap and make me upgrade, but filling the thing in the next year or two would be a requirement!

Cool, if it is safe enough to use with a 2 and 4 year-old around I'll take that as a plus. I think I may just do it.

Another plus is that I would need to buy at least a couple of more guitars to really make it pay off, wouldn't I? 9 or 10 is just enough to overlap and make me upgrade, but filling the thing in the next year or two would be a requirement!

Definitely going to have to fill a few more spots if you buy it!! I will say the 14 guitar capacity has given my dear wife a fair bit of leverage. When I tell her I’m thinking of buying a guitar she says “But your rack is full, where will it go?”

However, they have the bravo with the work bench attachment now.

I saw that work bench attachment. Maybe when I get the studio out back done next winter or spring. How will I ever fill them all? I guess if it takes a lifetime I'll figure that out.

Back
Top Bottom