Anyone using AXE FX with a Combo amp?

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I was thinking about getting a combo amp for backup, but it would be nice if it could work with axe well too. Probably with FX loop.
I was even thinking about acoustic amp as well since i play acoustic too (AER maybe).It might be even more versatile.
I've not decided yet electric or acoustic.
Any recommendations?

Why are you leaning that way as opposed to a FR powered cab?

I am not getting away from FR. Its just for backup and small gigs. I am still using FR as a primary choice, but i would like to have something simple to plug and play.I'm just thinking it would be a double shot if i get something that would also sound good with AXE . And if i get a nice acoustic combo i could use as a monitor for AXE, just thinking out loud.

Last edited:
I've used one of these to monitor acoustic guitar, vocal, and bass

Ultrasound Amplifiers

Loved it. I never tried my Ultra through it though. Sold the Ultra waiting on the II.

But those are really nice amps. Nice gain before feedback. Really good sound.

Richard

Last edited:
And if i get a nice acoustic combo i could use as a monitor for AXE, just thinking out loud.
For that use as well as at home I use this;
Carvin AG100D

004-3.jpg

For that use as well as at home I use this;
Carvin AG100D

004-3.jpg

How do you like the AG100D? I'm tempted to get one of this, its weight and options makes it ideal as a FRFR/solution, but I can't try it, must order it directly.

Have you compared it with any of the tipycal FRFR solutions (QSC, FBT, EV, etc)?

I used my ultra through a h&k switchblade 100 combo. I wasnt using the 4 cbm. I just had it going straight into the effects in on its serial setting which bypasses the preamp. I was going to go that route till it stopped working. I had to do some tweaking a little to get it sounding right, but it can work possibly. Im still needing to get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom