Anyone using axe-fx for fx only?

saxxamafone

Inspired
I realise i'm in FRFR central here :cool: :mrgreen:

but i'm wondering how many here are using the axe-fx for fx only and not so much the amp sims?

saxxamafone said:
I realise i'm in FRFR central here :cool: :mrgreen:

but i'm wondering how many here are using the axe-fx for fx only and not so much the amp sims?

I did use it in 4cm with my Mesa F-100 head for fx only .. Worked great .. Then I got tired of 2 available sounds and using it with a poweramp and a guitar cab. Much more flexible this way (for me).

Mik.

I use the AxeFx for effects only in the Huge Rack version of my rig. I have a rig with the whole switching system, multiple amps, etc......and the AxeFx gets used for effects in that rig. The AxeFx works great in that application and covers a lot of ground from traditional type effects (wah, phaser, verb, etc...) to crazier stuff (pitch effects, multi delay, synth effects, etc...).

p

Sorry for hijacking the thread but just a small question. Can I use an expression pedal to change the pitch in just a perfect 4th? I want to do the whole A Change of Seasons with my 6-string Ibby heh

I used it with a MOD50 and Zinky Superfly for a time. It's very intuitive, and simple to set up (even the 4 cable method.) Highly recommended. The amps became redundant, as I got the same or better with the Axe-FX.

Yes, you are in FRFR central...for a reason. I would say most (or even all) have tried the AxeFX with either amp head, or through a Power amp and cab. Over time you start to see how limiting it can be (no matter how good those tones are,) and want to get a huge amount of variety that the amp sims can bring you.

I do...

I use it with my Diezel Herbert, and only use it for effects... I really get all I want/need/wish/dream from the Herbert, and the Axe-fx is an amazing complement... using for effects, adding drives, etc... really powerfull... I dont discart maybe use some patches with amp simulators as well, but at the moment, I dont need it.

In other hand, for recording, I'm using ONLY the Axe-Fx due to the confort of recording directly, no mic, no bothering to anyone near, etc... ;)

I love the sounds of the Axe-Fx, but I still prefer the sound of the Diezel... and way easier for "me" to get the sound I need in a minute, (while in axe-fx I'm not soo good... ).

In any case, I'd never replace my amp ;). guess it's just a matter of tastes.

when running in my fx loop... the axe-fx almost sounds true bypass to me (i know it isn't)
but i can't tell the difference in tone when i have my axe-fx in and out of the chain

it's good coz i don't need to use my GRX4 anymore :cool:

Back
Top Bottom