Anyone using an MC6?

I use one. It is VERY easy to program with the software. Load up the software, connect, press the button you want to program, select program change message, select program and midi channel. Done.

I want to program it to change presets. Havent sat down with it yet but from what I've read so far it looks pretty easy.
preset changes are a 2 step process, because the axefx has more than 127 presets (the highest number you can count to with midi).

page 129 of the manual has the PC and CC numbers you’ll need for each preset on the axe

Hi wc, I didn't see a post from you on the other controllers forum, so I will answer here.
I too use an MC6 (love it) and had a little trouble getting my head around it all when I started out programming it.
I use the Morningstar Midi Editor in Google Chrome.
Through trial and error I finally discovered that the important thing is to make msg1 in the editor your CC message, then msg2 will be your PC preset number.
Some examples.
I use Axe preset 004 Double Verb a lot for my base tone. For that, first press which button you want (A-F) on the MC6, then in the editor for msg1 select CC Message from the editor's drop down menu, then using the table on page 192 in the Axe manual, you see that preset 004 is in Axe Bank A. That gives you CC#0 with a value of 0.
Then program msg2 with PC Message, PC#4 and save. That's all there is to it.
A few more -
For preset 143
msg1 CC#0 , Value = 1
msg2 PC# = 15 (128+15)

For preset 299
msg1 CC#0, Value = 2
msg2 PC# = 43 (256+43)

Preset 387
msg1 CC#0, Value = 3
msg2 PC# 3 (384+3)

Assuming of course that your Axe preset numbers begin with the factory default of 000.
Now let's deal with scenes. Much more fun!
I have button C set for Scene decrement and button F set for Scene increment - in several MC6 banks.
In the editor, for Increment Scene, it's easy. Hit which button you want and set your msg1 to CC Message from the drop-down with CC#123 with a Value of 127. For decrement it's CC#124 Value 127. And you're done. Don't forget to save! Now scroll through some scenes. Yeah man.
Hope this helps!

I got the presets all setup on the MC6.

How can can I get the tuner working with a long press on one of the switches?

Back
Top Bottom