Anyone using an actual JVM410 in 4CM with their AX8 or FX8?

Georgy

Inspired
If so, are you using the midi on the AX8 to change channels on the JVM?

ALSO, the JVM has green/orange & red mode per channel (if I’m not mistaken)… can the AX8 change those as well?

Thanks.

I own an AX8/FX8 and a JVM410. I haven't tried channel switching with those units yet, but it seems pretty straightforward by MIDI. Are you asking about switching with the built in relays in the FX-8 or using the built in MIDI switching in the JVM? Lemme know what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can make it work.

I own an AX8/FX8 and a JVM410. I haven't tried channel switching with those units yet, but it seems pretty straightforward by MIDI. Are you asking about switching with the built in relays in the FX-8 or using the built in MIDI switching in the JVM? Lemme know what you're trying to do and I'll see if I can make it work.

Thanks man..

So, I might be in the market for a JVM410. I own the AX8 and was hoping to use it with the JVM in 4CM. As part of this, I am hoping my AX8 will be able to change channels on the JVM via midi, as well as being able to switch on/off various effects within my patches. That's what I'm hoping to achieve mate.. Not looking for relay switching as such, purely midi via the AX8 & and the JVM.

Was curious to know if anyone is using their AX8 in this type arrangement, and if it's working for them seamlessly..

Last edited:
I bought AX8 partly to use as a controller and multi-fx with my JVM410H

It lasted a few weeks then I sold it as it didn't sound as good as the AX8. Everything seemed to be a compromise whereas in the AX8 I can set everything how I want

Sold the JVM and haven't missed it since

I'm gonna sell my JVM410H too, but only because I picked up a JVM410HJS, and it's in a whole different league. I think the FX8 is better suited - by design - to work 4CM with an amp. You have true bypass and unity gain. So, I could see where using the AX8 in 4CM might compromise the tone a bit. Fractal has been pretty open about the differences in design philosophies between those two units.

I wonder if the OP might get better results just using the JVM as a power amp in a live situation instead of using it 4CM. You'd still have the resonance and presence controls to adjust to the room, but you'd have access to all the models on the AX8 (including JVM models).

I'm gonna sell my JVM410H too, but only because I picked up a JVM410HJS, and it's in a whole different league. I think the FX8 is better suited - by design - to work 4CM with an amp. You have true bypass and unity gain. So, I could see where using the AX8 in 4CM might compromise the tone a bit. Fractal has been pretty open about the differences in design philosophies between those two units.

I wonder if the OP might get better results just using the JVM as a power amp in a live situation instead of using it 4CM. You'd still have the resonance and presence controls to adjust to the room, but you'd have access to all the models on the AX8 (including JVM models).

Hey man.. I've got a Carvin TS100 power amp to do that with.. I contemplated for a moment to possibly go down the real amp path and get a JVM410 to use in 4CM.. but it doesn't look like I will now..

All good - thanks everyone for your input :)

If you do decide to go back to get a valve amp, get the 410HJS, it's a beast. I've got one and use the fx8 with it, albeit not for channel switching - yet!

Back
Top Bottom