Anyone using a wireless guitar setup with the Axe-Fx III?

Used to use a Relay G30 more, but I switched to my Shure GLXD14R rack mounted in
my Axe FX 3 rack. Works flawlessly even stacked above my wireless router with no cutouts
or noise.

Thanks for all the feedback. I've been using the Sennheiser XSW-D for about a week now. Sound is great and no setbacks. Very happy with it thus far. Only thing left is to gig with it. Won't be until October, but I'm confident it will work out great.

Line 6 G75 for live use; Line 6 G30 before that. Both worked great. Line 6 G10 for home use, although that has a crappy USB power connection that is currently crapping out.

Used Sennheiser XSW-D on a gig this weekend. I like it. No bodypack, very simple, no frills, great signal and tone.

Does it sound as good as the Shure GLXD14 that you previously used, or is it more the form factor that wins it for you ??

I'm preparing a rebuild of my rack and I'm considering the Shure QLXD14, GLXD-RE14 and SLX - guess I have some reading to do

Does it sound as good as the Shure GLXD14 that you previously used, or is it more the form factor that wins it for you ??

I'm preparing a rebuild of my rack and I'm considering the Shure QLXD14, GLXD-RE14 and SLX - guess I have some reading to do

Good question. It’s mainly the form factor. I don’t need more boxes on the floor or in/on the rack case. And of course it has to sound good, which it does.

The new Boss stuff also looked great until I started reading complaints.

line 6 relay G10s w/ a spare transmitter. I love not having a pack to worry about. I can go any where on stage with out an issue. I just recently switched from the Relay G55. I have no issues since switching. I have a spare in case of failure or forge ting to charge it.

Good question. It’s mainly the form factor. I don’t need more boxes on the floor or in/on the rack case. And of course it has to sound good, which it does.

The new Boss stuff also looked great until I started reading complaints.

Ok cool, I can def understand the appeal in the Sennheiser, but form factor aside - in your opinion which sounds the best, the Shure glxd14 or the Sennheiser SXW-D ?

I tested both and couldn't live with the white noise you have with the Sennheiser XS. Especially with overdriven sounds. You roll off your guitar volume and there is still this noise present. Wich the GLX doesn't have. I would have preferred the form factor of the XS, but sound comes first.
One candidate that I didn't test is the Stageclix V3.

Both sound great. The noise floor of the XSW perhaps is a little higher with high-gain. Can’t compare it now.

But the GLX, like any other bodypack that I’ve used over the years, is vulnerable. Has had to replace the cable twice and the transmitter once.

I tested both and couldn't live with the white noise you have with the Sennheiser XS. Especially with overdriven sounds. You roll off your guitar volume and there is still this noise present. Wich the GLX doesn't have. I would have preferred the form factor of the XS, but sound comes first.
One candidate that I didn't test is the Stageclix V3.

I was a beta tester for the original StageClix and its white noise and digitized sound quality was awful. Hope they improved it since then.

I also had the Smooth Hound in my shop, it also suffered the white noise problem I try to avoid. It’s a good product but not the holy grail I’m after.

Why's that? I don't know much about wireless
2.4Ghz is what wifi, Bluetooth, some door remotes and other devices use. (Unlicensed band)
Worst case everything is fine at sound check, hundreds of phones come in and are searching for wifi/Bluetooth and cause interference with your guitar.

Look at any pro gear from the likes of shure or sennheiser, you find nothing but their lowest (cheapest) gear is 2.4GHz

Most likely you’ll be fine (many here prove that), but it’s not a risk I want to take.

I've used my Line 6 G50 without a problem for years. On stage we have 3 x wireless Sennheiser G4 mics, 6 in-ear radio packs, a G90 that our bass player uses, plus wireless used on the Keytar. We also have 5 iPads connected wirelessly on a private wireless network back to the desk via a Netgear router and as long as the frequencies are all separated properly, we haven't had a problem. We also loan some of our gear out to bands like Sweet for the UK and European tours from time to time and they haven't complained either.

Back
Top Bottom