Anyone using a wireless guitar setup with the Axe-Fx III?

I'm using an Audio Technica System 10 Pro. Love it because it has 2 outputs so I can run both belt packs from the same unit simultaneously, which gives me the flexibility to switch from magnetic to piezo pickups just using scenes on the Axe Fx III - no fooling with toggles on the guitar or a/b switches.

I've been using various wireless units since the late 80's with no issues to speak of. My current wireless rig is a pair of Line6 Relay G90's (I run both mags and piezo simultaneously). I've been using them for about 7 years now, and they've been bullet proof for me. The wireless is somewhat of a buffer between your guitar and Axe/Amp/Whatever (you don't have the capacitance of a cable), so the guitar-amp interaction is a little different, particularly with single coil or lower output pickups. I'm fairly active on stage, so not getting tangled up and tripping over stuff is the more important factor for me. For recording though, ALWAYS a quality cable.

I'm using the NUX B-2, very happy with it, no problems so far in about 5 different venues (and home and practice room).

Line6 GT10s. This guy rocks! Stay away from the GT10. I had this prior and had a lot of problems with interference with the wireless systems of my bandmates.

I used to have a Line6 G50 that worked just fine at home and live. I now use the XVive U2 guitar wireless system. It's small and handy, fits top and side mounted jacks on guitars well and it never failed on me. I never range tested it though, I never move away more than 15ft of my Axe Fx III anyway. Battery life was never a problem either. I have a one unit rack panel under my III with all ins and outs that I need routed to the front. I also mounted a Neutrik D type USB A connector in it, so I can top off the charge before a gig or even in between sets (never necessary though ...)

Can't post links yet so check xviveaudio dot com.

Cheers, Todde

Used Sennheiser XSW-D on a gig this weekend. I like it. No bodypack, very simple, no frills, great signal and tone.
Didn't you notice a higher noise floor, especially with the distorted sounds. Much more than a cable, otherwise great product.

Didn't you notice a higher noise floor, especially with the distorted sounds. Much more than a cable, otherwise great product.

At very high gain settings, I notice (white) floor noise, but nothing that would bother me at gigs. Also, I think that most of the wireless stuff I used, added white noise.

I am using the Boss WL-50 unit. Great stuff....all of the gents in my band are using them as well. No problems!
I am also looking at the new WL-60 unit for a bit more channel control.

At very high gain settings, I notice (white) floor noise, but nothing that would bother me at gigs. Also, I think that most of the wireless stuff I used, added white noise.
Yes, that’s right, the only one I have that don’t add any white noise is the Shure Glx D16. But the form factor is not as handy as the Sennheiser.

Back
Top Bottom