Anyone using a wireless guitar setup with the Axe-Fx III?

jfuchs18

If so, what kind of results are you experiencing? Pros vs. Cons, brand preference, etc. I ask because I am considering using one. I own one, but it is seriously outdated (16+ years old) and I'm certain the tech has advanced during that time. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks as always.

I use wireless live frequently. No issues, as long as I stay within range, which is anywhere between 80 feet and 150 feet, depending on which one I'm using.

If your wireless worked will with your old rig, it'll work well with the Axe. Why not plug it in and see for yourself?

Been using wireless units for years, no issues. Sounds and feels the same as a cable.

Got a WG5 a few months ago, but only used it at practice so far.

As far as cons and brands, I tried using the Line 6 Relay G50 and did not like how it altered the tone. The wireless lacked fullness and added some high-end that sounded brittle compared to a cable. I tried the "Cable Length" control at various settings and using my usual cable to connect it to the Axe but nothing sounded the same as the cable. I know players use the G50 and don't have any issues, just sharing my experience with it.

I'm sure there are wireless systems on the market that faithfully reproduce the tone, at least I'm hoping so.

Used a Line 6 G50 for years and moved to the G90 rack version. Couple of months ago got a Carvin WG5 to use at home but have been taking it to rehearsals with good results.

Bought a Sure GLXD16 a couple months back, I've been super happy with it. Allowed me to free up a switch on my board that was previously dedicated to a tuner. I like that I can leave the strobe on all the time and just pull the volume pedal back for a quick touch up if needed. I'm slightly concerned that the transmitter cable will be the first thing to fail on me (a little thin), but I imagine I can get a replacement if needed.

I have been using Line 6 G55 for several years with axe and other equipment and it has never let me down, interrupted etc ...

Used Sennheiser XSW-D on a gig this weekend. I like it. No bodypack, very simple, no frills, great signal and tone.
Was checking this out. Glad to hear you liked it. I would use it for small club gigs. I don’t move around much on stage. Would you recommend for that type use?

I'm using the Shure GLDX14R in the rear and I couldn't be happier! Wait, I hope I wasn't just referring to my sex life, bahahahah!!!!!😂

Shure GLXD16 Digital Wireless Guitar Pedal System for me. Has been totally rock solid. Things I like about it are it charges the body pack very fast. The battery has plenty of power for a full gig and maybe even a second night if you had to. The receiver is a pedal that when muted is a very accurate tuner, I never really use the AFX tuner on stage. Simple one button operation to scan for best frequency. I don't need another rack space for the receiver. At the time I bought mine the street price was $550.00 and I found one brand new in a local pawn shop for tree fiddy.

Back
Top Bottom