Anyone using 2 Headrush 108s?

Right now I’m using an Atomic CLR and love it. My presets translate very well when plugging into FOH at any church (I’m a P&W player). I’m finding that most churches are asking me if I want to run stereo. I don’t have the room or resources for a second CLR. I’m thinking of picking up 2 Headrush 108s to set my presets. How’s this translating to FOH at venues? Thanks for your input.

Right now I’m using an Atomic CLR and love it. My presets translate very well when plugging into FOH at any church (I’m a P&W player). I’m finding that most churches are asking me if I want to run stereo. I don’t have the room or resources for a second CLR. I’m thinking of picking up 2 Headrush 108s to set my presets. How’s this translating to FOH at venues? Thanks for your input.
I use the Headrush FRFR-112 at home and it translates really well to all the venues I run direct in. I haven't tried the 108, but I would imagine you'd get similar results.

I have 2 108s in my house they sound fantastic! I do not understand some of the bad reviews with these things running in stereo. I've had CLRs in the past and they do sound better but for the money the headrush sound incredible! There are far more good reviews than bad, the one thing I read about them and it was true was to get them off the ground on speaker stands so they're not so bassy and boomy.

I have two 108s in my house as well. Ear bleed volume, in stereo so both eardrums pop at the same time:tongueout:, clarity, what's not to love? I had a bassiness issue but I was running just one at the time and raised it off the floor. When I got the 2nd one, I plopped it on the floor and didn't notice any issues.

I recently bought one. I didn't like it out of the box —not at all—, but after applying the global EQ in the thread "Flattening the headrush curve" by @WKSmith (I can't share the link due to my number of posts) to the pertinent OUT, it sounds and feels good enough for when I need portable live monitoring. I would have returned the unit if I hadn't come across this solution.

For uses other than the above, I prefer my headphones and studio monitors.

Special thanks to WK!

Last edited:
I use one, like it for the money. Like my CLR better but the 108 is nice for taking to places where I wouldn’t want to lug the CLR

Small, loud, cheap and pretty good sound, especially great bang for the buck with a stereo rig I’m sure

I don't have headrush 108s, but I have an Alto TS212 and its decent. But for tuning presets for FOH, Maybe a pair of studio monitors would serve you better?

108 at home, 112 at reharsal. Perfect. Anyway, you'll adjust your sound to fit with them ! And it is obviously possible !

I don't have headrush 108s, but I have an Alto TS212 and its decent. But for tuning presets for FOH, Maybe a pair of studio monitors would serve you better?

108 may sound more like some FOH systems than a studio monitor. Studio monitor is a good reference, but hard/expensive to have that scale up to a PA system in many cases.

I always figure if it sounds good from the 108 then it will probably sound good on most lower end PA’s too, with a CLR, good nearfields etc a nice “second opinion”.

Just depends where you play. I’m likely never going to be doing a gig for 40,000 people with a Meyer Sound arena rig, but could be playing through a place with some big carpeted DJ speakers on either side of a stage so the 108 adds some good perspective, just like how a mix engineer might listen through crappy little speakers to better understand how the typical laptop listener would be hearing things

Yes, stereo 108s on speaker stands either side of my workstation. The speaker stands help reduce the muddy low end normally occurring when the 108s sit on the floor. Up on the stands, they sound better.

My 108s aren't turned up that loud currently, about ⅓ of the way. That being said, my FM9 volume is about 10 o'clock. The 2000W 108s translate to 800W RMS, so plenty loud for medium-sized room with 200 people who are listening, not talking over the music. You'd need to adjust your volume for a crowd of folks talking while you're playing.

Last edited:
I use two of the 08s with @WKSmith eq settings for them on output 2. They sound huge and can keep up with everything no problem. Output one to FOH. His help on the eq for the headrush was huge.

Last edited:
I use two of the 08s with @WKSmith eq settings for them on output 2. They sound huge and can keep up with everything no problem. Output one to FOH. His help on the eq for the headrush was a huge.
This is exactly how I run my setup. 2 x 108 and the eq settings from @WKSmith set as ParaEQ1 on every preset, so I can stay on OUT1 and use the settings when playing over the HR108 instead of using headphones.

Why ParaEQ and not global?
I use backingtracks over USB and out2 has no USB audio, so OUT1 is my main.

The HR108 sound good enough to my likings.

Cheers 🍻

I had one of the 108's for about 3 months...used very little actually, maybe 4-5 hrs total time. Then went to turn on, was getting no power..changed fuse in case, nothing....now it sits as a big useless paperweight

I had one of the 108's for about 3 months...used very little actually, maybe 4-5 hrs total time. Then went to turn on, was getting no power..changed fuse in case, nothing....now it sits as a big useless paperweight
Did you buy it new, they do have a warranty and Sweetwater backs their products for 2 years if by chance you bought from them.

Back
Top Bottom