Anyone using 2 FM3's?

La Noise ran 2 FM3s . I think it was him anyway. I'm old and tired ... forgive me.

That rig has some ridiculous potential. I would have done the same. But got in early enough to have the 9 🤟🙃

I'm half tempted to try the 3 and 9 together for 3 amps and 6 cabs.
..... In his honor. Lol

I still am. :)

Did loan out my 2nd FM3 to a friend to check out, and have the FM9 and the other FM3 here.

I assumed I was going to pare down when I received the FM9, but am kind of smitten with the
dual FM3 running into separate amps and cabs. Just crazy versatile and gives me all kinds of
independent switching options having them running independently.

My next venture (when I get the FM3 back) is to run one FM3 stereo-wet, and one FM3 center-dry. :)

I sort of am, but not at the same time. I have one built into a larger pedalboard with some other pedals, expression pedals, MIDI controller, etc. and one that's just solo that I keep in a small laptop bag. A lot of gigs I play are really simple with little to no need for any effects or switching, so it's nice to have something compact I can bring and then have the larger one ready to go for more involved gigs.

I have been thinking about it for a while. I have always had a strong dislike for the rack+pedalboard format/double cargo, and 2 FM3s provide redundancy in the case one should ever fail - and I can bring just one for the ultimate in portability for certain situations. The option for 12 footswitch functions is amazing too. And dual loopers. Many benefits to such a setup.

I'd rather get a pitch and reverb effect in the fx loop and connect over midi with the fm3; or just buy an axe fx 3.

This is not unheard of- Line6 billed the HX Stomp as a DSP expander (among other things).

What would be cool is if there was something baked in under the hood where the FM3 could detect the other FM3 connected by USB or SPDIF and be optimized somehow for that. Its a lot to ask when they can readily say "FM9"

I have an FM9. I don't use it. I thought I would.

I just prefer the dual FM3---each into distinct amp/cab setups. It sounds righteous!

Back
Top Bottom