Anyone used a Atomic CLR with a Xitone wedge?

gbsmusic

Inspired
I got lucky and was able to get ahold of an Atomic CLR and I think the chances of finding another one are not good. I was just curious to know your thoughts on getting a Xitone and using them together for stereo, has anyone done this and how did they sound together? Should I just wait to find another CLR? Thanks.

Well, I've got 2 CLR's I use at home and a Xitone wedge I use for gigging. To my ears, the CLR's are much more monitor-like. I use them for mixing, recording, and everyday music listening in addition to use with the Axe-III.

I find the Xitone sounds more like something you would play a guitar through, but it does not excel at pristine audio. It is great for what it does, but I'm happy I have the CLR's in my studio. I am happy with both purchases though. Bought the Xitone basically for what I am using it for--a monitor for my FM3.

I am sure others will have a different opinion.

I had an MBritt Xitone and a CLR neo at the same time. I'd use the Xitone to set the rack on in the backline and the CLR in front as a wedge. Loved the tone! They're different but complimentary

I had an MBritt Xitone and a CLR neo at the same time. I'd use the Xitone to set the rack on in the backline and the CLR in front as a wedge. Loved the tone! They're different but complimentary
Nice that's what I was hoping for. I've been on the list since January for a CLR. I haven't heard anything from them and I don't expect to, but Mick at Xitone says a wedge is 3 weeks out.

I actually just checked with Atomic...CLRs won't be available until November. I'm going to wait and try one. I'm getting what I need from my studio monitors now, and I really need something that can serve as my amp on stage. Unlike many, I won't be going through our board - long story.

I actually just checked with Atomic...CLRs won't be available until November. I'm going to wait and try one. I'm getting what I need from my studio monitors now, and I really need something that can serve as my amp on stage. Unlike many, I won't be going through our board - long story.
Wow! thank you for the info.

I had an Atomic CLR and got rid of it. Had too many issues and support was no help. Now I have a XiTone wedge for about a year now. Use if for live gigs in smaller venues. Received tons of compliments on my tone. I have to add, for larger venues, I use a Mission Engineering Gemini II which is superb. I wish I can buy another!!! Due to the weight and footprint, that's why I picked up the XiTone.

I'm a long-time Xitone user. They're nice and lightweight and compact and sound great for guitar because they're not truly FRFR. Now that means if you've got your FM3 hooked up to your computer as an interface and are listening to a DAW mix through them, it sounds kind of like you're running through a guitar cab where the highs and lows are cut a bit and there's a lot of midrange, so they're not great for general audio, but that's also exactly why they're so awesome for guitar.

I'm also on the Atomic CLR waitlist. I have considered a Xitone and may get one and see how it sounds for a monitor at band practice. Light and compact is also a benefit. Either speaker will be an upgrade from my old EV.

I'm a long-time Xitone user. They're nice and lightweight and compact and sound great for guitar because they're not truly FRFR. Now that means if you've got your FM3 hooked up to your computer as an interface and are listening to a DAW mix through them, it sounds kind of like you're running through a guitar cab where the highs and lows are cut a bit and there's a lot of midrange, so they're not great for general audio, but that's also exactly why they're so awesome for guitar.
I just play at home and just thinking of mixing the 2. Thank you for the info I'm hoping the mix will sound great.

Back
Top Bottom