Anyone use their AX8 through a power amp/guitar speakers, or guitar amp fx return?

For the OP...

I recently did my first fly gig with the AX8. Ran output 1 directly to FOH, cab sims on, and then used the backline Marshall head and stack for power and stage monitoring. So, that meant running a humbuster cable from the AX8, no cab engaged, to the FX return of the JCM 2000 head and into a pair of Marshall 4X12's.
That worked quite well.
FOH tech was super happy with the feed. It gives him/her the ability to tweak a bit without effecting MY sound onstage. Plus I don't have to rely on a stage monitor, although other band members end up with that FOH tone in their ears or monitor.
I like the flexibility this set up provides. I do a similar thing with my Axe FX XL and MFC. Yet the fly rig is so easy and compact. I love it!!

I will obviously keep experimenting, yet so far...IT ROCKS!!!!!

Is there any settings in the AX8 that need to be done besides turning the cabs sims off. Thanks

If you're asking if you need to do anything else to run the AX8 into a guitar-related power amp and guitar speakers, NOPE. . I find on certain amp models I turn off the "Power amp simulating" but on others I leave it on . . I've been using my AX8 into an ENGL stereo power amp (either mono or stereo) and a Jenkins 2x12 cabinet with 2 different Scumback speakers. I have ZERO desire for an FRFR system. The Ax8 is fantastic this way. Eric

Thanks for the help. Mine sounds great running through my amp head effects return. I will probably get a FRFR speaker in the future.

Back
Top Bottom