Anyone use the No-headphone-jack FM3 with headphones yet?

I’m using this small mixer I’ve had lying around for years.

Attachments

• 0272F316-6621-45EE-9E5F-81F24CEDA7E9.jpeg
    0272F316-6621-45EE-9E5F-81F24CEDA7E9.jpeg
    398.4 KB · Views: 223
I am using the same kind of mixer as a headphone solution :)

Question on your Gain controls, should they be set at 12 noon, or O dB ?
Does it matter as long as you are not clipping the board ?

I am using the same kind of mixer as a headphone solution :)

Question on your Gain controls, should they be set at 12 noon, or O dB ?
Does it matter as long as you are not clipping the board ?

Mixer gain should at unity. FM3 output gain should be at whatever headroom that doesn’t clip mixer input.

Unity is O ?

On most mixers yes. Unity is where there is no signal cut or gain at the preamp input stage. Check your mixer’s manual.

On the pic I posted above, you can see a marker “U” on the gain pots. That where unity is on my mixer. I have it slightly higher in the photo.

image.jpg
On the ostentatious but awesome side, I got this IFI Black Label DAC/headphone amp going Out of the FM3 via SPDIF, with Focal Amiron Cans....
Happy ears....sad wallet.

Would love to hear more from people using just a Y adapter with low impedance cans. i have 32 Ohm AKG headphones, but I need to know it'll get loud enough with just the Y adapter.

Just plugged my Sennheiser HD 280 Pro cans in using just a Y adapter for the first time, and it seems plenty loud to me with out 2 all the way up and the pad at 0.

Would love to hear more from people using just a Y adapter with low impedance cans. i have 32 Ohm AKG headphones, but I need to know it'll get loud enough with just the Y adapter.
I feel that it's "just" loud enough when output 2 is maxed. The small headphone amp is a better option and cheap...it's just one more thing in the middle. I did a video on this subject if you care to watch it....not trying to get more views lol, just offering my take on it.

I feel that it's "just" loud enough when output 2 is maxed. The small headphone amp is a better option and cheap...it's just one more thing in the middle. I did a video on this subject if you care to watch it....not trying to get more views lol, just offering my take on it.

I saw your video. Thanks for putting it together.

Did you adjust the Pad down to zero? Also, are that and the Copy to Output 2 global options or do I have to change that per preset?

I saw your video. Thanks for putting it together.

Did you adjust the Pad down to zero? Also, are that and the Copy to Output 2 global options or do I have to change that per preset?
They are global and yes, pad on output 2 is set to 0.

Back
Top Bottom