Anyone use the Behringer XR16\32?

chrisjnyc

Power User
Is there a way to control the FX with a foot switch? I know it has midi, but how can I turn off reverb\delay\phasor\etc to one of the channels?

I have an xr18 and I know that there are midi CC's for fader functions.

Thanks! I need to take another look at the manual. Do you control the XR16 with an Andoid tablet? I can only see 4 FX on the tablet\X air app. How do you select the other FX?

Last edited:
I use either a tablet or a laptop... Depends on if I'm running lighting, tracks and video for a cover band set. I actually never looked into whether or not the fx can be changed via midi. Maybe using multiple snapshots? Again, I don't even know if the snapshots can be assigned to a controller. As I understand it; you could always control the fader level of the fx return via midi.

FX can indeed be controlled by MIDI. I use a laptop with Showbuddy to fire Snippets so I can't think of any reason that a controller would not work. I am about to try the same thing with an iPad app.

A Snippet is a 'state', almost similar to scenes on the Axe, so in one snippet I could set one type of reverb on the lead vocalist and another on a backing vocal and store it. I will say the X32 is a MIDI hog taking up 6 channels in the following format:

Ch 1 - Scenes
Ch 2 - Snippets
Ch3 thru Ch 6 - Cues

And the channels are not changeable.

FX can indeed be controlled by MIDI. I use a laptop with Showbuddy to fire Snippets so I can't think of any reason that a controller would not work. I am about to try the same thing with an iPad app.

A Snippet is a 'state', almost similar to scenes on the Axe, so in one snippet I could set one type of reverb on the lead vocalist and another on a backing vocal and store it. I will say the X32 is a MIDI hog taking up 6 channels in the following format:

Ch 1 - Scenes
Ch 2 - Snippets
Ch3 thru Ch 6 - Cues

And the channels are not changeable.

Looks like "snippets" was introduced with firmware 2.0, the X16 is still on FW 1.16 :(

Bummer. I apologize I am not familiar with the X16 at all. Mine is X32 Rack. I'm sure you may know about the X Series Forum but in case you don't if anyone has an answer it will be here or perhaps here.

hi everyone, for those who are interested, I have created a prototype of footswtich that remotely control a behringer digital mixer , post me provite if you need more info, Cheers

Back
Top Bottom