• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Anyone use the Behringer XR16\32?

chrisjnyc

Power User
Is there a way to control the FX with a foot switch? I know it has midi, but how can I turn off reverb\delay\phasor\etc to one of the channels?

chrisjnyc

Power User
I have an xr18 and I know that there are midi CC's for fader functions.

Thanks! I need to take another look at the manual. Do you control the XR16 with an Andoid tablet? I can only see 4 FX on the tablet\X air app. How do you select the other FX?

Last edited:

outloaf

I use either a tablet or a laptop... Depends on if I'm running lighting, tracks and video for a cover band set. I actually never looked into whether or not the fx can be changed via midi. Maybe using multiple snapshots? Again, I don't even know if the snapshots can be assigned to a controller. As I understand it; you could always control the fader level of the fx return via midi.

mwd

Power User
FX can indeed be controlled by MIDI. I use a laptop with Showbuddy to fire Snippets so I can't think of any reason that a controller would not work. I am about to try the same thing with an iPad app.

A Snippet is a 'state', almost similar to scenes on the Axe, so in one snippet I could set one type of reverb on the lead vocalist and another on a backing vocal and store it. I will say the X32 is a MIDI hog taking up 6 channels in the following format:

Ch 1 - Scenes
Ch 2 - Snippets
Ch3 thru Ch 6 - Cues

And the channels are not changeable.

chrisjnyc

Power User
FX can indeed be controlled by MIDI. I use a laptop with Showbuddy to fire Snippets so I can't think of any reason that a controller would not work. I am about to try the same thing with an iPad app.

A Snippet is a 'state', almost similar to scenes on the Axe, so in one snippet I could set one type of reverb on the lead vocalist and another on a backing vocal and store it. I will say the X32 is a MIDI hog taking up 6 channels in the following format:

Ch 1 - Scenes
Ch 2 - Snippets
Ch3 thru Ch 6 - Cues

And the channels are not changeable.

Looks like "snippets" was introduced with firmware 2.0, the X16 is still on FW 1.16 :(

mwd

Power User
Bummer. I apologize I am not familiar with the X16 at all. Mine is X32 Rack. I'm sure you may know about the X Series Forum but in case you don't if anyone has an answer it will be here or perhaps here.

interval

hi everyone, for those who are interested, I have created a prototype of footswtich that remotely control a behringer digital mixer , post me provite if you need more info, Cheers

Top Bottom