Anyone use special USB cable?

Chiguete

Experienced
So today I was having a little hiss/noise from time to time and it was even happening after turn all the way down the DAW so I was thinking that maybe there is something going on with the USB cable? I will try tomorow to record the noise, but my question is, do you guys run normal USB cables from your computer to your audio interface or do you use a special USB cable for this?

BTW, I wen't on youtube and found some people saying that you can reduce noise with better cables and others say they don't hear a difference... what does the Fractal comunity say?

I have been using a cheap cable from an old printer for 6 years now. No hiss or noise at all.

Bad digital cable will make failures to connect and dropouts, not noise. I had some, new cable fixed everything.

Use MONSTER for the shiniest bits! j/k of course.... :-D

Note that there *IS* a rather short distance limitation for USB cables, 5 or 3 meters depending on the device speed. I recently ran into this limit when trying to extend USB cables to use Fracpad on and old Android tablet. Usually though, the host will just fail to connect if it's over the limit. The hiss noise is likely some other (analog) issue. I've seen very long USB cables available with built in "repeaters" haven't tried one yet though.

In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).

I was unable to get Fracpad to work after extending a usb cable beyond 5 feet or so. Limitation may have been my old tablet.

Back
Top Bottom