anyone use Protools 9 with axe as interface?

Dudeskin

Inspired
Hi all, ive been having issues with my protools 9 since i got it, and my Mbox 2 that ive never really used.
i want the Mbox out of the equation. so , how can i set up my axe fx 2 as a usb interface for recording in protools 9.
im on a mac 10.6.5 but i dont really know anything about macs or drivers and all that stuff. so im after a bit of simple advice if possible.haha

hope someone has done this. ive tried now for years to set my recording gear up and i just want it simple and to work now haha

cheers

Joe

I don't know much about macs, but on my PC I only have to install the usb driver for the Axe FX and I am good to go with my Pro Tools.

You won't have much luck unless you update your OS. FAS USB drivers are only compatible with 10.7.4 and higher.

Ah right, how do i do that? Does anyone know if protools is compatible with that too?
I get way to confused with learning macs,axe fx and protools all at the same time. Can someone help me?

You need at least Pro Tools 10 to use third party interfaces. PT 9 still requires an Avid/Digidesign/MAudio brand interface.

Incorrect. PT 9 supports third party interfaces.

Was the version they introduced it in? I remember not being able to use anything but my MBox until PT10, but then again, I had MP9 instead of the full PT9 before my upgrade.

Hi all, ive been having issues with my protools 9 since i got it, and my Mbox 2 that ive never really used.
i want the Mbox out of the equation. so , how can i set up my axe fx 2 as a usb interface for recording in protools 9.
im on a mac 10.6.5 but i dont really know anything about macs or drivers and all that stuff. so im after a bit of simple advice if possible.haha

hope someone has done this. ive tried now for years to set my recording gear up and i just want it simple and to work now haha

cheers

Joe

You are not alone. Lots of information in this thread - have a read through:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...now-leopard-readme-common-issues-support.html

Back
Top Bottom