Anyone use Input Dynamics?

Do you use Input Dynamics in the Amp block?

• No

Votes: 159 60.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 105 39.8%

• Total voters
Actually, it's a pretty cool thing: you can get low and mid gain amps to have a LOT of sustain on them, and it still seems to preserve the pick attack pretty well. I don't use it all the time, but for some things it rocks.
I haven’t gotten this far as I am still new to the III... but it sounds like I could certainly see myself using it.

Did not vote since I haven’t used it yet.

*Update: Tried it on a med gain Brit 800 patch I was working on and loved it! Voting yes now.

Last edited:
Even though I may never touch because it's so easy to get a great sound already. I love having all the parameters that are available.
No one has to hit that page button on the front panel or that advanced button in axe edit. If you think it may look scary just don't go there :p

Nothing to do with resource constraints. These Keystone processors chew through data like a hot chainsaw through a sorority girl. The Axe-Fx III is a beast. I don't think people realize how powerful it is. It has the equivalent power of 8 SHARC chips, at least. And that's just the DSP. The memory bus is 3-4 times faster than other stuff.

I've created an algorithm that tightens the bass as you play lower notes. I want to add it to the amp block but people are starting to complain about the excessive number of parameters so I was thinking maybe I could replace one of the controls on the dynamics page with this if no one was using it.
Just follow your heart... err brain, no... um gut?

@FractalAudio - No one is forcing folks to make adjustments under the hood. Make as many bells and whistles your genius mind can imagine.
Yes... seems illogical to remove parameters that some people use just for the sake of limiting the confusion of people who don’t even touch them.
Maybe make a “Don’t Look at a This if You’re Easily Confused” page in the Amp block pages. ;)

To prevent overwhelming the brain of the elementary users, protect the AMP advanced buttons with a lock like this:

qHMvuuc.jpg

Last edited:
More options should be there for the power users/tweakers. No one is forced to go beyond the basic amp controls. I bet if you sneak that in - most people wouldn't even notice. I, for one, welcome any and all tweaking options for the rare occasion that I need to dive beyond the basic controls. Just my 2 cents!

Nothing to do with resource constraints. These Keystone processors chew through data like a hot chainsaw through a sorority girl. The Axe-Fx III is a beast. I don't think people realize how powerful it is. It has the equivalent power of 8 SHARC chips, at least. And that's just the DSP. The memory bus is 3-4 times faster than other stuff.

I've created an algorithm that tightens the bass as you play lower notes. I want to add it to the amp block but people are starting to complain about the excessive number of parameters so I was thinking maybe I could replace one of the controls on the dynamics page with this if no one was using it.

I’m surprised that people complain there are an “excessive” number of parameters. I assume they all have default values and you dont have to mess with them if you don’t want to. For the rest of us, I think it’s great to have so many parameters and the tech notes to go with them. The only thing I’d like which I haven’t seen yet is a rough guide on which parameters to adjust first, then next and the ones you would want to do last. Some of this may be obvious, some is definitely not and I for one would welcome a more systematic approach to adjusting the advanced parameters, which might get more people to use them...

Last edited:
Nothing to do with resource constraints. These Keystone processors chew through data like a hot chainsaw through a sorority girl

I refrain from chainsawing sorority girls as their voices combined with a chainsaw makes for very bad audio. OMG already sounds like a chainsaw revving up. That, and I wouldn’t want to splatter ranch dressing all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom