Anyone use Dynamic Depth?

Do you use Dynamic Depth in the Amp block?

• No

Votes: 127 70.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 53 29.4%

• Total voters
I'm definitely wondering why it's on the chop block ? I know FAS is considering adding another amp block maybe more.
I hope adding another amp block is not going to tax out resources and other developments take a back seat. I may be totally wrong but it makes me think..

I'm definitely wondering why it's on the chop block ? I know FAS is considering adding another amp block maybe more.
I hope adding another amp block is not going to tax out resources and other developments take a back seat. I may be totally wrong but it makes me think..
Even if Cliff adds an extra amp block it will only consume resources if it is utilized.

I tend not to use any of the knobs that don't exist on real amps.
Except when I have to, like the speaker page stuff, or speaker compresson. Just doesn't sound right if these aren't set correctly. Wish it was easier.

If no one was using the control I was going to replace it with a new thing but since a lot of people use it it will stay.
is 30% of 150 a lot? JK. i highly doubt the axe III is running low on resources. my guess is the "new thing" will simply be added but perhaps if we knew what the new thing was, those that said they use dynamic depth would change their minds?

One control I would take out is "definition", never used and I find it kinda redundant since we already have a tilt eq in the filter block.
I'll be impopular but I think the same goes for the input boost, we could just use a drive block..

I'm basically saying that there are things that can be replaced in some way inside the unit itself, while dynamic depth is quite unique and would be hard to emulate what it does externally.

I expect the reality is: we could all think of a few controls we never use, and would gladly trade for what's behind door #2. But there are others out there who love those very same controls. With a device this deep, that's inevitable.

I can also see how an ever-expanding list of controllable parameters could be daunting for many...

May come a time when some of this stuff needs to be hidden ? One option would be moving some lesser used params to Axe-Edit-only pages ?

One way to divide up the Fractal user base might be:

1) Players who just think the Axe sounds great and want to tweak it like a normal amp

2) Players who use the Axe because it's MORE than a normal amp, who want as much tweak ability as possible

Maybe a "novice" or "stage" or "vintage" view would be a good way to go ? I guess this post now belongs in the wish list section...

Apologies for my morning ramble :)

I expect the reality is: we could all think of a few controls we never use, and would gladly trade for what's behind door #2. But there are others out there who love those very same controls. With a device this deep, that's inevitable.

I can also see how an ever-expanding list of controllable parameters could be daunting for many...

May come a time when some of this stuff needs to be hidden ? One option would be moving some lesser used params to Axe-Edit-only pages ?

One way to divide up the Fractal user base might be:

1) Players who just think the Axe sounds great and want to tweak it like a normal amp

2) Players who use the Axe because it's MORE than a normal amp, who want as much tweak ability as possible

Maybe a "novice" or "stage" or "vintage" view would be a good way to go ? I guess this post now belongs in the wish list section...

Apologies for my morning ramble :)
This has been suggested many times for the Axe Fx II... Don't think it will be done.

If you don't want to adjust a setting, just pretend it isn't there ;)

This has been suggested many times for the Axe Fx II... Don't think it will be done.

If you don't want to adjust a setting, just pretend it isn't there ;)

I get it, and the complexity doesn’t bother me—I see it as a good thing.

Just throwing out some thoughts, and not surprised they’ve been raised before ;-)

Cheers—Happy New Year!

I use it a lot on my Axe FX II. It helps to get that cabinet resonance thump I am always looking for in metal sounds.

Back
Top Bottom