Anyone use Dynamic Depth?

Do you use Dynamic Depth in the Amp block?

• No

Votes: 127 70.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 53 29.4%

• Total voters
I love the dynamic controls for clean-to-mean guitar volume work. My favorite tones are ones which sound good all across the gain spectrum, and I find with most amps and pedals there's a compromise -- the tone gets too bright as it gets gainy, gets muddy as it gets clean, etc--and this varies from amp to amp and pedal to pedal, so it's impossible to find the perfect "bright cap" for a guitar that works with all the gear I own.

Thanks to tips on this forum, I've been using dynamic presence and depth for several weeks, and these features are *awesome* for tweaking an amp to respond the way *I* want it to when I turn down the volume :)

Or, put another way, I'm tweaking amps on the Axe in ways that would be difficult to impossible with traditional gear... this is *exactly* why I got the Axe in the first place :)

I can see how some players might like a simpler interface, but my vote is PLEASE don't take away advanced tweaking options. If necessary, maybe hide them on advanced pages that can be shown/hidden in the prefs ?

Happy New Year, all!

I've started to play around with the advanced parameters more lately, but I have not tried the dynamic presence or depth.

On occasion I've used it to fatten up certain lead tones a bit. If it's in the way of improvement I can live without it though.

I just tracked something a few days ago, and wished that it was fatter sounding on the solo. I have a reamp track printed, so now I might be going back and trying this setting, to see whether I can get it where I wanted it to be with the same preset.

I’ve only personally used it a few times, so I suppose that warrants a No vote. Not sure why the thought of it being taken away, (which is only speculation at best at this point) is so troubling to me. It’s kind of like a subsidy, hard to take away once it’s already given out. Lol. Again, assuming that is indeed the reasoning for the poll, looking at the 40,000 ft view, how completely awesome is it that the poll is even taken & there is this amount of thought & care for each & every end user/customer?! Even over a fairly obscure and what looks to be by the responses, a not widely used parameter. Although, I suppose that’s the whole intent of the poll; to figure out how widely used it is..
Incredible Company, Incredible Products.

I haven't really found a use for it? I might find the 'Dynamic Depth' parameter more useful if it also had negative values, like the 'Dynamic Presence'????

I use 'Dynamic Presence' once in a while. Comes in handy for affecting the highs when changing Amp gain with modifiers and/or rolling the guitar volume up and down.

As I have recently decided I like lower MV settings and more gain up front, I find the dynamic depth useful, especially for any chords or lines that have open low strings. I like being able to hear more low end when I dig into low notes.

While I voted “yes”, it’s often limited and rarely does the value exceed >2.

DP however gets more use.

Back
Top Bottom