Anyone use Dynamic Depth?

Do you use Dynamic Depth in the Amp block?

• No

Votes: 127 70.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 53 29.4%

• Total voters
Voted no... I know it's there but have never even explored it.

Are you considering removing it?

[I haven’t yet. The tones from the III are just so good and easy to obtain. Now I’ll try it for sure, next time I play. edited]

Thanks for bringing to the forefront for me Cliff! I like what I hear. A good reason for me to move off the basics page in AxeEdit!

Last edited:
I think I used to on the II, but really have never tried it on the III. Nothing lacking in the tones I get with just the basics, and minor tweaks to the pre EQ and graphic, and even then I often get things dialed in so good without even looking at those two tabs, I just shrug my shoulders and figure "I guess i don't need any further tone shaping".

No, but its kind of nice to know it's there as an option. If you are thinking of axing it, I'm fine with that.

Yes I use it often, I think dynamic presence and dyn depth are among the most useful advanced parameters, they are great to make solos and single notes sound fatter.

I still don't have an axe fx III though :D

It adds more depth based on the dynamics of your picking/strumming

Dynamic Presence works the same

On occasion I've used it to fatten up certain lead tones a bit. If it's in the way of improvement I can live without it though.
I guess it's in the way of the 3rd (and/or 4th) amp block addition.
If that's the case, can't the dynamic depth be disabled only when more than 2 amps are used in the preset?

I'm not sure a poll is fair? but I guess we're all assuming he wants to remove it

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom