Anyone use a Rocktron Midi Mate with their III?

Budda

Axe-Master
I was given one of these by a friend to either sell or keep. I'm waiting on a bunch of gear to sell, so until then I'm hoping I can program the MM to work with the 3. I doubt I'll even need all the buttons available, but I don't know how difficult it will be to program.

Is anyone else running a midi mate with their III? What are your experiences?

While I've never used one, if it's capable of sending MIDI commands, it CAN work. The real question is how easy is it to program to work with any device, much less the III.

While I've never used one, if it's capable of sending MIDI commands, it CAN work. The real question is how easy is it to program to work with any device, much less the III.

It can send PC and CC messages. The manual seems written a bit poorly but at least it's still available. I would sell it towards funding the MC6 if anyone was buying.

Can you set the CC data value as well or just CC number?

If not then using it for changing channels (except by scene change) will not be possible, and changing scenes will be limited to what you can do via midi mapping.

Can you set the CC data value as well or just CC number?

If not then using it for changing channels (except by scene change) will not be possible, and changing scenes will be limited to what you can do via midi mapping.

I believe it can do values as well, as it does list the value set in the manual.

Is anyone else running a midi mate with their III? What are your experiences?
Were you able to make it work? I've got a good offer but not sure if I should go for it. Switching scenes/presets and bypassing the blocks is all I need with it.

@Budda got it, thanks for getting back to me. So it didn't work for you at all because of this, or at least something worked? i don't really need it, I just kinda want an extension for my Fm3 :)

@Budda got it, thanks for getting back to me. So it didn't work for you at all because of this, or at least something worked? i don't really need it, I just kinda want an extension for my Fm3 :)
It would probably do presets, maybe scenes. I just never bothered to find out haha.

Back
Top Bottom