Anyone upgraded to 3.02 yet?

Georg

Hi team!

Did anyone upgrade to 3.02 yet?

I have two gigs next weekend so I won't upgrade until after that
due to the fear of messing things up. I specifically use the Brit Silver
amp alot and that one seems affected by the 3.02 release.

Anyone understands to what extent 3.02 will affect your beloved presets?

Regards
Georg

Loaded it yesterday with zero issues. Didn't see anything about the silver in the release notes.

There's a bug fix on the silver - it should change the sound quite a bit.

I have upgraded, and it sounds great. I wouldn't worry about a gig in a week. But do read the release thread. There are a few bugs to watch out for.

Didn't have a chance to test the Silver yet.

Hi team!

I have two gigs next weekend so I won't upgrade until after that
due to the fear of messing things up. I specifically use the Brit Silver
amp alot and that one seems affected by the 3.02 release.

Anyone understands to what extent 3.02 will affect your beloved presets?

Regards
Georg
Brit Silver has a lot more gain now, so you would definitely need to tweak any presets that use it. Other than that I wouldn't call the amp modeling changes drastic.

I've had issues. I upgraded the editor which says you need version 3.00 or greater and tells me to upgrade.I down load the upgrade and when I open the file all I see in the file is 2 pdf files that wont open.....ugh

I get error reading Acrobat failled to connect to DDE server....

Last edited:
3.02 works like a champ. There's a new version of AX8 edit as well. I Installed that at the same time. Only one day in, but I haven't come across any glitches in basic use.

Brit Silver has a lot more gain now, so you would definitely need to tweak any presets that use it. Other than that I wouldn't call the amp modeling changes drastic.

The release notes state "Fixed a bug affecting the clipping algorithm of the “BRIT SILVER” amp model."

Is that equivalent to the amp model having a lot more gain and nothing else? Hard question I know. :)
Like for example no change in volume or eq (bass, mid, treble)?

Hi team!

Did you mean; did anyone not ...?

It's major update... a lot of good stuff. Aside from sounding great, the new display UX update alone is worth it.

If you haven't already... go for it.

I converted and the only thing I ran into was I had to run the AX8 Edit twice. It wouldn't wok the first time.

Played 3.02 today and loved it! If you install it be sure to bump the transformer grind up. If you like tubey liveliness :)

Love the new display options and everything sounds great! The only thing to look out for is that AX8 Edit now auto pauses when you operate from the hardware and doesn't seem to sync with what is happening on the hardware which has caused me (and others apparently) to accidentally overwrite some presets... I lost 2 that i hadn't backed up so i'm in the process of re-programming them...

The real message here is ensure you have everything backed up before you jump in... ;)

Loaded it and rehearsed today. It sounded GREAT! Got a huge gig Saturday and I am looking forward to playing with the great sounding firmware

Back
Top Bottom