Anyone try to build this profile (Jeff Beck content)?

Did you mean 'Preset'?

In my opinion: If you think Jeff B is about a preset...you'd be wrong. That man uses PUP choice, his tremelo bar, volume knob, his fingers, his fingers, his fingers, and some other mild FX that is used for spice. All in about 3 or 4 seconds based on what he wants to convey.

It's not a preset. It's Jeff Beck.

IMO.

You can get the base off of a Fender or clean-ish Plexi sound. If you're using a Strat, you could clean up a 'wreck' model and get there too (for that feedbacky thing.) Use a drive at 0 to push the amp that will respond to volume knob.

Good luck!

R

Did you mean 'Preset'?

In my opinion: If you think Jeff B is about a preset...you'd be wrong. That man uses PUP choice, his tremelo bar, volume knob, his fingers, his fingers, his fingers, and some other mild FX that is used for spice. All in about 3 or 4 seconds based on what he wants to convey.

It's not a preset. It's Jeff Beck.

IMO.

You can get the base off of a Fender or clean-ish Plexi sound. If you're using a Strat, you could clean up a 'wreck' model and get there too (for that feedbacky thing.) Use a drive at 0 to push the amp that will respond to volume knob.

Good luck!

R

Yep - totally get that it's not possible to dial up Jeff in a preset. He is magic. Will try your recommendations!

Loved the expression on Jimmy Page's face at the end. It pretty much sums up watching a master at his craft...you just saw and heard him create a work of art and still wonder how the hell he did it.

Did you mean 'Preset'?

Hallo!
Which amplifiers are they?
I want that sound too!
Thanks for the reply!
I'm stupid?

The amp he uses is a custom made Marshall. They cannot replicate it apparently. He has said many times “I’d be lost without it”. But, yes, most everything he does is from his hands. I was moved to play guitar with just my hands because of him. I use a pick now though.

From an interview with his guitar tech:

That’s kind of it. Nothing special there at all. It’s a Strat, a wah-wah pedal, and a 50 watt head. And thats the essence of all his playing. That’s what people dont understand really. How can I get that tone like Jeff Beck? You can’t because the amplifier you’ll never find anywhere else. If anything ever happened to that amplifier hed be lost anyway. There’s just no amplifiers that sound like that one. Even Marshall dont know why it sounds the way it does. There’s a couple little extra components in the pre-amp gain stage, which shouldn’t really account for the sound of the amplifier. The amplifier is more bassy than any other DSL50. There are another DSL50s that don’t sound anything like it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/guitar...-with-steve-prior-jeff-becks-guitar-tech/?amp

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom