Anyone try the new Laney LFR- 2x12?

REDD

Fractal Fanatic
I've been wanting to try one but was curious if anyone has tried them and if they are any good? I thought they might work better than a CLR for gigging since they would hit towards the audiance. Sometimes people say they can't hear me when they are up front against the stage with less P.A. coverage.

I'm not arguing with you, just trying to comprehend what you're saying. I have my CLR on stage and the people who come up close are able to hear it (when I remember to turn it on at a gig). What about the CLR isn't projecting for you? For what it's worth, I prefer the sound when pole mounted with the FF eq, but run it in wedge mode at gigs.

I'm not arguing with you, just trying to comprehend what you're saying. I have my CLR on stage and the people who come up close are able to hear it (when I remember to turn it on at a gig). What about the CLR isn't projecting for you? For what it's worth, I prefer the sound when pole mounted with the FF eq, but run it in wedge mode at gigs.
I have two CLRs on each side of the drumriser in wedge position and they hit the ceiling and not the dance floor. I don't like them in any other position. The Laney is pretty much like a slant 2x12 cab that I could hear and the audience on the dance floor. At least that's what I'm thinking. I would like to just run in the house monitors since I use in ears anyway and wouldn't have to take any speakers at all but I just can't do it.

Totally makes sense! Just on the off-chance that you had a momentary lapse (as I often do), did you make sure to change the switch to FF when you mounted it on a pole or backline when you tried it upright? As I stated earlier, my favorite sound is when it's pole mounted and in FF mode. If we all liked the same thing though, the Axefx wouldn't need to have over 100 amps in it :)
Good luck on your search for sonic bliss.

Totally makes sense! Just on the off-chance that you had a momentary lapse (as I often do), did you make sure to change the switch to FF when you mounted it on a pole or backline when you tried it upright? As I stated earlier, my favorite sound is when it's pole mounted and in FF mode. If we all liked the same thing though, the Axefx wouldn't need to have over 100 amps in it :)
Good luck on your search for sonic bliss.
Sure did. I stacked them and switched them to backline also but to me, the wedge sounds best.

I've been wanting to try one but was curious if anyone has tried them and if they are any good? I thought they might work better than a CLR for gigging since they would hit towards the audiance. Sometimes people say they can't hear me when they are up front against the stage with less P.A. coverage.
Yes. I have two and I love them!
they don’t seem to get any love over here, but are popular in the kemper community. They’re very loud, and plenty of clean low end. I have zero complaints. Yes, they’re a little heavy, and a little bigger than some of the others. I couldn’t care lessabout that because they fill any room and resonate like a 4x12. I had 2 4x12’s before the Laney’s, and don’t miss them

Yes. I have two and I love them!
they don’t seem to get any love over here, but are popular in the kemper community. They’re very loud, and plenty of clean low end. I have zero complaints. Yes, they’re a little heavy, and a little bigger than some of the others. I couldn’t care lessabout that because they fill any room and resonate like a 4x12. I had 2 4x12’s before the Laney’s, and don’t miss them
They can be positioned standing up, on the side or tilted back. They throw sound a long ways. I’ve never been able to tolerate anywhere near 1/2 volume on them

They can be positioned standing up, on the side or tilted back. They throw sound a long ways. I’ve never been able to tolerate anywhere near 1/2 volume on them
Awesome man thanks! Yes, I'm ready to get out and start playing again too!

I’ve been using one for about a year and recently have started gigging with one in a 4 piece classic rock band - really cuts and sounds great

I think the upright Laney LFR212 Active Guitar Cabinet is sexy as heck! Had I not gone with the Xitone Active wedge with
F12-X200, I`d have gone with the Laney. Still might pick one up at some point though. A 212 with that sweet small footprint. ;p With plenty of grunt.

Back
Top Bottom