Anyone try running their Axe into the loop of a Carvin legacy or a JSX?

kmanick

Fractal Fanatic
I'm wondering if the power amp is similar to their stand alone power amp(the Carvin)
A couple of guys local to me have a Legacy 2X12 Combo and a Peavey JSx combo
both for relatively cheap.
I'm very curious how they would sound (especially the peavey, I used to run a Jsx into a 4X12 cab and I loved it)
the Marshall TSL combo I've been doing this with lately really only sounds good with the Marshall amps sims,
so I think I'm going to pass on that.

Yes! The Carvin is fairly clean, the the JSX has more of a mid range bump. Actually, both amps are killer with the Axe in 4CM!

They will both color the sound, but the Carvin will color it less.

OK the Carvin is out, no loop return or master volume so it would've been wide open all the time.
Just grabbed a JSX combo from GC used on line should be here Thursday or Friday, I will report my findings :)
I used to run a JXS 1/2 stack (Legacy 4X12 cab ) it's got one of the better loops I've dealt with
and I can switch between El-34s and 6L6's or KT-77's (fixed bias range) on the go.
I liked this amp quite a bit when I previously owned one, I'm very intereested to see how the Axe sounds coming back thru one of these.

OK the Carvin is out, no loop return or master volume so it would've been wide open all the time.
Just grabbed a JSX combo from GC used on line should be here Thursday or Friday, I will report my findings :)
I used to run a JXS 1/2 stack (Legacy 4X12 cab ) it's got one of the better loops I've dealt with
and I can switch between El-34s and 6L6's or KT-77's (fixed bias range) on the go.
I liked this amp quite a bit when I previously owned one, I'm very intereested to see how the Axe sounds coming back thru one of these.

Sorry, the majority of amps you will run into have no master after the loop. That's what the knob on the axe Fx is for. All an effects loop level is, is an input attenuator, works the same way as the output knob on the Axe Fx. The Carvin can also switch between different tubes.

Either way, I like the JSX as well, it's more versatile I think, with the extra channel.

The Legacy should theoretically be the same thing as the Carvin TS100. I will be trying one out in a few days and posting impressions here.

I loved my old JSX stack... I`m curious. How does it sound after using AXII for a while?

I loved my old JSX stack... I`m curious. How does it sound after using AXII for a while?

Well I just got this about 2 hours ago and I must say , first of all I grabbed it online thru GC out in ohio and this thing looks brand new.
the pedal is still in the unopened box (may have been an immediate return for some reason)
It's an open back combo so I sounds a little different than all of the closed back 2X12's I 've had but so far I'm pretty happy with it.
The Axe II sounds surprisingly good thru it I've left the power amp sims on and and the cab sims off and the amp models are actually coming thru
pretty nicely. The power amp of this amp must be somewhat flat as the clean channel on these amps are pretty "sterile" sounding
the loop has a return control , the amp has a master volume plus a hi/low power switch and the Pres/low res controls are post pre amp so
I can actually use them with the Axe II going thru the loop.
the Jsx speakers surprisingly sound good with the Axe as well, I was all set to grab a pair of Mesa V'30's I'm watching on line but so far
I may be ok with these . My patches that I have set up for My RCF have translated pretty well with zero tweaking so far .
later on today I will try running them in stereo and see how I like it. :)
I think it came with EL34's in it (I haven't opened it up yet) but when I owned a JSX before I liked it best with KT-77's so if this
thing is staying I will drop a quad of those in

Well I've had this thing now since last Thursday
................and I have to find some time to make a video .
running the RCF and the JSX combo in Stereo is easily the best sounding Axe FX rig I've tried so far.
Just ..................wow, I'm running the JSX dry and running my delay thru the RCF.
now I can see why so many people love to run their rigs in stereo. Peavey should sell the power amp in this thing as a stand alone product.

Back
Top Bottom