Anyone tried the new Waves/PRS amp sims?

also curious about this.. after going fractal, none of my plugins capture that same feel(or sound) when playing. Since this is mentioned here, I wonder how good it is.

IMHO, not bad for the 49$ intro price, seems to be a lot of potential there, and got some very tasty clean tones but haven’t investigated gainy stuff yet, the included IRs are ok, and it’s is ridiculously easy to import dual user IRs in a stereo config. The UI is tiny, tho, and non scalable, seems to eat a large amount of CPU, and honestly, it gets a little silly trying to compare anything to the III...(you’ll see...)..also I found on a powerful MacBook Pro, I couldn’t go higher than 256 at 48K without latency....

Just gave it a quick test run tonight - I must say, I am impressed. I can easily get recording ready tones. The Archon just sounds real good.

I wasn't going to bother but I figured if @Smittefar likes it then it's a good chance I would too; they're actually pretty good! Way, way better than the GTR stuff, the Archon and V9 both sound very convincing. I think the in built IR's are very good too.

Wow I just tried it. I am thoroughly impressed. For 49$ this is amazing (41$ on plugindiscounts!!!).
I tried Bias FX and Helix Native and always went back to my axe fx. If Waves continues like that, I might not consider the Axe 3 since I mostly do studio.

Yea, I’ve fallen in love with the PRS SuperModels plug-in & love using it in my daw. The ease of use & stellar tones are the main pros for me here.

Here’s a fun 80’s Throw-back to the days when Freddy Krueger rulled the silver screen.

This is the PRS Archon model w/ some Own Hammer Mesa 4x12 IR’s......w/ V30 speakers......& I’m using the Fractal Reverb plug-in & the Soundtoys Delay.....

I’m really hoping that Fractal will eventually turn out a plug-in based on the amps they’ve modeled at some point too.

Peace! X

It’s amazing bang for the buck, but I didn’t find it better than s-gear or some Amplitube models.

Amplitube is very hit or miss, the Fender 2 stuff is really good, as are some of the Slash models, but others, which are quite old, show their age

The PRS ones though have come a long ways since he gtr3 days.

I think used in a track it’s pretty impossible to tell them apart, all can sound pretty darn good tweaked right. Feel is still a little off, but for sound they have come a long ways.

For those who need silent recording, can’t afford a nice amp or modeler, travel etc, it’s a amazing time as you can have very good tones coming from a laptop these days.

It’s amazing bang for the buck, but I didn’t find it better than s-gear or some Amplitube models.

Amplitube is very hit or miss, the Fender 2 stuff is really good, as are some of the Slash models, but others, which are quite old, show their age

The PRS ones though have come a long ways since he gtr3 days.

I think used in a track it’s pretty impossible to tell them apart, all can sound pretty darn good tweaked right. Feel is still a little off, but for sound they have come a long ways.

For those who need silent recording, can’t afford a nice amp or modeler, travel etc, it’s a amazing time as you can have very good tones coming from a laptop these days.
These are all great points & I only have Bias-2 as my other plug-in tone generator references I find the PRS models very life like & they not only sound great, they feel great too.

I love the Fractal AX8 tones as well as the Ampli-Firebox....& find the PRS raw amp tones very similar in quality. Maybe these just work for me in the environment that I’m using them?

I love using plugins in my DAW for the ability to change edit & tweak in the mix......

The PRS Archon model just has that “It” factor & getting all he harmonics & squeals are easy with this model.

I’m a fan & when you add in the fact that this was only $49, it’s just priceless!

Oh & if there are better amp simulator plug-ins then the Waves one, I really need to try them!!!Thanks for the top& heads-up!

Peace! X

Not to hijack the thread but a quick disclaimer for those who may be new to Waves and don’t want to take the day off of work to read the Waves user agreement:

Waves plug-ins require an annual update, the somewhat infamous WUP. If you don’t pay for the update, the plugins will continue to work but may not be compatible with any updates you make to your OS, DAW, new hardware, etc., There’s a reason the entry cost is so low. On that note, I would endorse paying the updates and consider the maintenance agreement and support to be a good bargain. Their native plugins are easy to use, don’t peg my CPU and sound great. Their Soundgrid stuff for live use is also very good. I would go so far as to call it “industry standard”.

Pardon the intrusion. Now, back to your regularly scheduled program...

Back
Top Bottom