Anyone tried the Eurekaprom 3.1?

I believe so. The 3.2 update mostly added features for the XL and XL + (fixed 2 way communication and added access to 768 presets). The features for the Axe fx standard and ultra was carried over from previous versions.

Ok, I received my FCB and Eprom 3.2 today but I don't know if I want to use it now. I like the options it gives you, but I've been using 10 presets and bank up&down for so long now not sure if I want to lose this option. I know what the eprom does and watched many videos...just not sure yet. I wish they made a hand held that plugged into the midi in jack that changed the programming like digitech did back in the day so we didn't have to use/lose the bank up and down pedals

I have found that using scenes and/or the effects mode allows you to get away with fewer overall presets. In that way, a single preset could be considered a bank on its own with 8 different configurations that can be selected instantly (scene mode) or 10 effects turned on or off at will (effects mode). There is also Favourite Preset mode which gives you, in essence, one 10 preset bank. The preset mode allows you to move 100 up or down, then 10 up or down, then one up or down, which is pretty comprehensive navigation. I also have a Digitech 2120 and Control One, and I didn't find it too hard to get used to the preset navigation of the FCB and EurekaProm.

Update: I received a beta 3.2 chip today, and 2 way communication seems to work fine with my XL. If you have an XL or XL+, you will want to wait for the 3.2 chip to be released before ordering. If you have the standard AXE-FX 2, version 3.1 will work fine.

With this issue fixed, I think that the FCB1010 with EurekaProm is a great alternative.. You can access presets, toggle up to 10 effects of your choosing along with the 2 expression effects, view tuner, tempo and effects status, access 8 scenes, access favourite presets and the looper. Once you get used to toggling through the modes and functions, it is pretty powerful for not a lot of dough.

Can you have 5 scenes on the bottom row after selecting the preset and still retain the top first 5 switches as stomp box function. In people showing demos I never see a situation where to select your preset you can press the bank switches up or down. Then the bottom row retains the scenes for that preset and top for stomps. This is how I have the UNO set up, but can only have 9 presets.
Thanks nickxmix

I just got my EurekaProm this week. Everything works as advertised, except that I am having trouble with the 2-way communication with my Axe-FX 2 XL. With just midi out from the FCB1010, you can change presets, scenes, access the looper, access favourite presets and effects on/off. However, you can't see the tuner on the display or the effects status in effects mode. Neither are deal killers for me, but it would be nice if I could get the midi in from the Axe-FX working. It seems that the sysex messages coming from the Axe-FX are confusing the FCB, causing it to freeze. If I disconnect the midi in (FCB) cable in or turn the "send realtime sysex" to off on the Axe-FX, the FCB unfreezes, but then you can't receive the tuner or effects status features. I have tried different cables and checked to see if midi in is working on the FCB and that the midi out is working on the Axe-FX, so I don't think it is a hardware problem. Perhaps firmware revisions have changed the sysex messaging and the EurekaProm can't read it. Or perhaps I am not setting the midi parameters correctly on the Axe-FX. I have had a couple of instances where it seemed that 2 way communication is happening, but it doesn't persist for long.

If anyone has success with 2-way midi, please let me now.
Hello David , Did you manage to get the Expression Pedals of the FCB work with the Axe ??Am unable to do so . Awaiting yours. Thanks. Kevin

Can you have 5 scenes on the bottom row after selecting the preset and still retain the top first 5 switches as stomp box function. In people showing demos I never see a situation where to select your preset you can press the bank switches up or down. Then the bottom row retains the scenes for that preset and top for stomps. This is how I have the UNO set up, but can only have 9 presets.
Thanks nickxmix

Yes, in the EurekaProm Effects Configuration you can program the switches to do whatever you want. I use 8 switches for stomps and use 2 for scene increment/decrement. You can change the default setting using the PP programmable configuration and following the video instructions on the EurekaProm website.

Hello David , Did you manage to get the Expression Pedals of the FCB work with the Axe ??Am unable to do so . Awaiting yours. Thanks. Kevin

Yes, the expression pedals work fine with the EurekaProm. I have set mine up as external controllers 1 and 2 so that I can change what they do in each preset.

Yes, the expression pedals work fine with the EurekaProm. I have set mine up as external controllers 1 and 2 so that I can change what they do in each preset.
Hello David . Thanks for your confirmation. Can you give me the steps to do so as to get the EP work please. Thanks. Kevin

When you set up as external controllers which cc you use?

Kevin,

I am assuming that the FCB has no mechanical problems, you have the EurekaProm 3.2 installed correctly, have selected the FA configuration on the FCB (see the EurekaSound website), and have the FCB connected to the axe fx with 2 midi cables. You may want to do an expression pedal calibration on the FCB as outlined here:

http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/setup

The default settings for the expression pedals A and B in fractalaudio configuration are for external controllers 1 and 2 (cc numbers 16 and 17).
In any patch, you can assign any parameter that can be modified to external controllers 1 and 2 and use expression pedals A and B on the FCB to control them. Just right click on any parameter that has the symbol with the rectangle with a line through it and right click. That is where you assign that parameter to a controller. For example, right click on the control parameter in the wah block, then set source to Extern 1. Now you can use expression pedal A to control it. Right click on the mix level of any other block, set to extern 2 and use expression pedal B to mix in an effect gradually. These assignments can be changed for each patch.

I hope that helps.

Dave

Hi,

thanks for sharing the experience with the Eureka chip! I am thinking about getting a Behringer FCB 1010 as I don't want to go for a MFC-101 yet (there are a few things missing I'd expected for the price of the device). Out of the three chips available (Uno, UnoKemper, Eureka), the Eureka seems exactly what I'd would like to be able to.

I am basically switching through presets and scenes, so what I'd like to be able to with the modified FCB 1010 is to:
Preset selection:
- Important: Switch through presets 000 - 767 (or at least 384 till 484)
- Nice-to-have: The FCB shows the selected preset nr in its display, at least temporary when switching presets
Scene Selection
- Important: Select scenes 1 - 8 (or at least 1 - 4) by having each scene assigned to a separate pedal
- Nice-to-have: The pedal LEDs shows the currently selected scene (the right pedal LED is lit).
Effects
- Nice-to-have: Enabled/disable effects on the pedals 1-10. It would be nice if the pedal LEDs show the state (on/off) of the effect.
- Nice-to-have (but damn cool): If possible, the pedals should "map themselfs" to the effects available in the Axe-FX preset and their state.

Seems Eureka is capable of most of that, but one question with regards to the effects mode of the Eureka and my last point. Say I'd like to have the pedals assigned to certain effects all the time (e.g. 1=Delay,2=Distortion, 3=Phaser, etc.), while these effects are "placed" at different positions in the Axe Edit grid. Sometimes an effect (e.g. a delay) is available in a scene, sometimes not. And sometimes on and off depending on the preset and scene. Will the effects of the FCB 1010/Eureka automatically "map" to the effects in the preset and scene, meaning that they are correctly assigned and the pedal LEDs are immediately on/off when I change a preset or scene or create a new one?
Would be cool if that'd work, in that case I could continue to focus on Axe FX presets and just "use" the FCB1010 with it without dealing with midi too much. And also some nice pedal labels would make sense then.

Hi,

Say I'd like to have the pedals assigned to certain effects all the time (e.g. 1=Delay,2=Distortion, 3=Phaser, etc.), while these effects are "placed" at different positions in the Axe Edit grid. Sometimes an effect (e.g. a delay) is available in a scene, sometimes not. And sometimes on and off depending on the preset and scene. Will the effects of the FCB 1010/Eureka automatically "map" to the effects in the preset and scene, meaning that they are correctly assigned and the pedal LEDs are immediately on/off when I change a preset or scene or create a new one?
Would be cool if that'd work, in that case I could continue to focus on Axe FX presets and just "use" the FCB1010 with it without dealing with midi too much. And also some nice pedal labels would make sense then.

In Effects mode, the switches are mapped to a specific midi CC function and that mapping is the same for all presets. If you select switch 1 to toggle the drive on/off, and switch 2 to toggle delay on/off that is all they will do across all presets. HOWEVER, if you want to change what the switches do in different presets, you can assign them to external controllers. The expression pedals are already mapped to external controllers 1 and 2 so that you can assign them to, say, wah and volume in 1 patch, or to blend in chorus and delay in another patch. You could map any of the swtiches 1-10 to other external controllers and then assign what they do in each patch. The problem is that it would be hard to remember what the switches do in each patch.

I do a mixture of both, I have set dedicated on/off switches for drive, delay, chorus, phaser, flanger, pitch and reverb and have those labelled. I have 2 switches dedicated to scene up and down so that I can switch scenes in EF mode without having to tap dance. I have one switch assigned to external modifier 3 that can change what it does in each preset, just like the expression pedals.

In Effects mode, the switches are mapped to a specific midi CC function and that mapping is the same for all presets. If you select switch 1 to toggle the drive on/off, and switch 2 to toggle delay on/off that is all they will do across all presets.

Thanks for the detailed explanation David. Looks like the combination of the FCB1010<->Eureka is exactly what I am looking for, I was hoping that it could be that easy. And all that for the cheap price of the FCB1010 and the chip. :)

I do a mixture of both, I have set dedicated on/off switches for drive, delay, chorus, phaser, flanger, pitch and reverb and have those labelled. I have 2 switches dedicated to scene up and down so that I can switch scenes in EF mode without having to tap dance.

Hmm so that is indeed possible with the Eureka? Yes thinking about it its a very good idea to leave two switches for scene up/down in the effects mode (I normally change only a handful effects directly anyway, most often only delay, drive and flanger). Nice! I think I'll do that too as soon as I get the board and the chip.

In EF mode if you were to have the top 5 switches as effects and bottom 5 as scenes, will the previous scene leds change per scene or stay on as you proceed to the next scene. I would presume so since it is seen as an effect. That is a problem as you would not know which scene you are on.
Thanks nickxmix

You could certainly map the top 5 switches to effects. I am not sure how you would set up switches 1-5 to individual scenes in EF mode, though. I don't see any cc# for individual scenes in the manual that . That is why I just use scene up and down. Perhaps the scene mode cc#34 has something to do with that, but I am not sure.

If you need to jump around many scenes, you just step on the up switch to enter preset mode from EF mode, then touch switch number 9 to enter scene mode, then you have access to all 8 scenes. So if you only have a few scenes in a preset and want to turn a few effects on and off, accessing them with scene up/down switches can work in effects mode, but if you want more, just switch back to preset mode and hit the scene switch. Once you get used to the tap dancing, it is not that hard to go back and forth.

When you change scenes, the effects lights will change to reflect their states in that scene.

Last edited:
Kevin,

I am assuming that the FCB has no mechanical problems, you have the EurekaProm 3.2 installed correctly, have selected the FA configuration on the FCB (see the EurekaSound website), and have the FCB connected to the axe fx with 2 midi cables. You may want to do an expression pedal calibration on the FCB as outlined here:

The default settings for the expression pedals A and B in fractalaudio configuration are for external controllers 1 and 2 (cc numbers 16 and 17).
In any patch, you can assign any parameter that can be modified to external controllers 1 and 2 and use expression pedals A and B on the FCB to control them. Just right click on any parameter that has the symbol with the rectangle with a line through it and right click. That is where you assign that parameter to a controller. For example, right click on the control parameter in the wah block, then set source to Extern 1. Now you can use expression pedal A to control it. Right click on the mix level of any other block, set to extern 2 and use expression pedal B to mix in an effect gradually. These assignments can be changed for each patch.

I hope that helps.

Dave
"Right click on the control parameter..???? Do I have this step in axe fx 2?

Kevin,

I hope that helps.

Dave
I can't right click in anything and there are no triangles....
Kevin,

I hope that helps.

Dave

I have got the pedals working but I am having problems calibrating them in the axe fx 2...can you please help me? 🙏

Back
Top Bottom