Anyone tried the Eurekaprom 3.1?

Would someone be able to post a video demonstrating the tuning abilities of the latest EurekPROM chip? I'm very curious how the display on the FCB1010 works, and EurekaSound hasn't posted an updated tutorial video yet.

Due to the limitations of the FCB display, you only get a letter with a plus or minus that disappears when the note is in tune. The sensitivity is not quite as accurate as monitoring from the AXE-FX display, but not too bad. When the black dot no longer touches the right of left side of the centre line on the AXE-FX, the plus or minus signs appear on the FCB. Note that the existing configuration allows access from preset mode when scenes are selected. You could also set up a switch that toggles CC#15 in effects mode to access the tuner immediately from there, if that is more convenient.

There is an announcement regarding the bet 3.2 EurekaProm at: http://www.eurekasound.com/eurekaprom/fa

*Note: We're currently working on EurekaPROM 3.2 that will have a fix for two-way communication for XL/XL+ along with support for 768 presets. It's currently in Beta. If you'd like to order the EurekaPROM 3.2 beta, specify it when ordering. We hope to have an official EurekaPROM 3.2 release soon.

Just got an email from Dave at Eurekasound....

EurekaPROM 3.2 is shipping now, with the following improvements:
  • FA configuration (Fractal)
    • Added support for 768 presets.
    • Fixed bug that prevented effect state feedback for the Fractal Axe XL/XL+.
Cheers!!!

Hello , Can you pleaselet me have the contact details / email of Dave from Eureka sound. Am getting some problems to configure my FCB1010 fitted with Eureka PROM3.2 with my Axe FXII.

Thanks Mate.
Kevin

I'm late to the party here. Is there no editor for this eprom? or from what I'm reading, the various modes are already preprogrammed for the Axe FX? I currently have latest Uno

There is a program mode that lets you freely assign the 10 switches and foot pedals to any cc# you want. You can also make any switch momentary or latching. There is a demo on the EurekaSound website showing how to do this.

I'm late to the party here. Is there no editor for this eprom? or from what I'm reading, the various modes are already preprogrammed for the Axe FX? I currently have latest Uno

No editor is needed. The Eurekaprom is very much a set it and forget it sort of thing. The only thing that requires any in depth programming is maybe setting up the CC #'s for the expression pedals.
-
Austin

perhaps an obvious point/question here: but two way communication to show effect states etc ; I'm assuming utilizing two midi cables to and from Axe FX.

I've been using the Uno and its been pretty great but I'm seriously considering the Eureka now for the ability to access more banks, built in looper functions and especially two way communication. I may not even need to get an MFC as this would give me essentially what I need. Use that $$ for another guitar.

Last edited:
Just ordered one. Switching teams. Uno served me well but can't pass up on the added functionality with this.

What sort of problems are you having? We might be able to work it out here so that others can share in the learning.

Dave

Hi Dave , I have a FCB1010 behringer pedal but cannot activate the scenes or preferred patches with my AXE FX11 . Any advice how to make it work please. I cannot also activate the 2 expression pedals .Thanks . Kevin

Hi Dave , I have a FCB1010 behringer pedal but cannot activate the scenes or preferred patches with my AXE FX11 . Any advice how to make it work please. I cannot also activate the 2 expression pedals .Thanks . Kevin

Do you have the FCB connected with 2 cables (midi out FCB to midi in on axe fx; midi out of axe fx to midi in on fcb)? Have you selected the FA profile for the EurekaProm Chip using the instructions on the website? To select scenes, press switch 9 from the Preset mode, then you can access all 8 scenes by pressing numbers 1 to 8. The pedals can be assigned to any modifier you want by simply using the learn function on the axe fx then assigning the modifiers to different effects in each preset. To assign the pedals to a fixed cc, follow the instructions for programming mode on the EurekaSound website.

If you are unable to get anything working, check to make sure the chip is installed correctly, with all pins inserted solidly, then reinitialize using the instructions on the EurekaSound site.

Last edited:
finally got around to installing the latest chip. This chip is programmed very effieciently with the four modes. Took me a short time to understand these modes and I'm sure in time I'll be tap dancing without even thinking. Using the two cable method and loving that I can visibly see effect states on/off. Had to recalibrate the expression pedals as the numbers were outside the 'normal ranges'. Simple fix of just manually spreading or squeezing the LED in relation to the sensor inside. Mine was way out. This link was very helpful: http://el34world.com/Misc/Music/FCB_1.htm

Only thing that I might be missing, is that it seems not to display the preset number?? but rather shows only which of the four modes you are in. Not a major deal but didn't expect that one.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="...Only thing that I might be missing, is that it seems not to display the preset number?? but rather shows only which of the four modes you are in. Not a major deal but didn't expect that one."

Yes, the limitations of the display are the only downside of the FCB. When you switch presets, there is a temporary display of the preset number, but only to 2 digits. The only other quirk is that on initialization the FCB will be set back to the first preset. For example, the Axe fx might be on preset 60 (and you can use scenes and effects controllers on the FCB that are programmed to preset 60), but as soon as you toggle up to the next preset with FCB, it will toggle from preset 1 to 2, not from preset 60 to 61. Once you are aware of this, it is not a big deal.

I'm okay with the limitations mentioned. This chip saved me the cost of buying the MFC101 which don't get me wrong, I absolutely would love but this is a practical solution for me and gives me all that I need for the time. Great chip!

quick follow up: I followed the instructions on the link for adjusting the LED to allign properly in order to get within the acceptable range. On my first go, my numbers for the Cal procedure were - heel down position: 2 , 3 ; toe down - 90 , 91. On the Axe FX I still don't seem to be getting full sweep on upper range. At any rate, I just adjusted the sensor again and on my second Cal test my numbers were: 2 , 3 (again) toe down - 99 , 107. It appears that pedal 2 on the FCB with the value at 107 is getting me full sweep on upper range; However, Pedal 1 with the value at 99 is just short from reaching the top.

FYI: The link indicates the acceptable range to be: heel down <10 and toe down >70.

Last edited:
"At any rate, I just adjusted the sensor again and on my second Cal test my numbers were: 2 , 3 (again) toe down - 99 , 107. It appears that pedal 2 on the FCB with the value at 107 is getting me full sweep on upper range; However, Pedal 1 with the value at 99 is just short from reaching the top. FYI: The link indicates the acceptable range to be: heel down <10 and toe down >70.[/QUOTE]"

Yes, I remember my base values being something like 4 and 111. The calibration procedure allows the FCB and axis to "learn" what the heal down and toe up positions are, regardless of what the numbers say.

just ordered an fcb with 3.2 but I'm using an Ultra, do I have all capabilites with this unit also? 2way comm?tuner?

Back
Top Bottom