Anyone tried reamping to create a duplicate lead guitar solo?

guittarzzan

Inspired
I'm working on a solo for a song I wrote and am going to be recording it soon. Just wondering if any of you have reamped your lead guitar solo to create a larger than life sound with two or more lead guitar tracks. Did it sound good and useable or just cheesy? Did you use the same amp/cab or did you mix it up for the second track?

I'll be trying this myself within the week, but just curious what others' experiences have been.

cheers,
Steve

I'm getting my II today. I have a solo I'll be recording. If I understand you correctly your saying... You'd like to hear multiple tracks of the same take and reamp them each with different amp/cabs?

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

I think for the best results you should use a second amp/cab and delay the re-amp a few milli- seconds. Maybe even detune the second track a few cents with the pitch shifter to give the illusion of two guitars.

I always reamp all of my guitar parts.... lead guitar included...
but this is not to duplicate the lead tone.. it's so I can alter the tone alter if the one I originally opted for sux in the mix..

lil' note: adding layers [and panning them around in a mix] is a great way of tone fattening / enhancing...
but there can come a point where the mix has so much in it that it can get difficult to manage..
there's a very fine line between being huge and leaving enough space so that everything can be heard..

a few phenomina to be mindful of when adding layers are:
- phase cancellations
- frequency masking

both can make a mix difficult to sort out, can make some stuff in the mix apear to vanish, and other stuff can add together to create strange artifacts that sound like unusual squeaks and pops..

EDIT: deeper analysis of some of the squeeks and pops were eliminated cos they had somethin' to do with the curry wot I ate..

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom