Anyone tried one of those Boss FV30H/L as exp pedal?

cbellanga

Inspired
I believe the H has a 250K pot and the L a 25K?
They look nice and very light so was considering modding one of those to have a TRS female jack but worried if I also need to replace the pot?

thanks!

Yes, hated it. Dead spots at each end of the sweep. Felt cheap to me. I have a Fractal EV-1 now and I love it. Nice even sweep, great for fine control over the parameter it is assigned to, and very solid well made. Expensive, but worth it, IMO.

Yes, hated it. Dead spots at each end of the sweep. Felt cheap to me. I have a Fractal EV-1 now and I love it. Nice even sweep, great for fine control over the parameter it is assigned to, and very solid well made. Expensive, but worth it, IMO.
Great, thanks for the info. Have read about the dead spots as well. Don't mind the price on the EV-1's, just trying to come up with the lightest setup as I need to commute to rehearsals on the Tube in London - and that's not easy! :)

Yes, the EV-1 is big and a bit heavy for an expression pedal, but it feels like it's going to last a lifetime.

I used the boss as a vol pedal briefly. First quarter of sweep did absolutely nothing. Sold it pretty quickly. I use the ev1 one now and as much as I hate its size the sweep is definitely the best I've owned in a vol/exp pedal. Definitely worth it.

Larry Mitchell uses the EV5 from boss. It is the cheapest and lightest pedal out there. I bet there is some dead spots but you have to trade someone where ya know? One of the guys posted that he uses the maudio exp pedals and says they are light too. Wonder when will someone buy one of these cheaper light pedals and ppt a 100k pot in it. The matrix pedals are smaller but not much lighter and have dead spots. Their new pedals claims to solve the dead spot issue but again how much lighter are they really.

I love the Ev1. It is right inline with the full size EB volume pedals and the boss 500 series which I loved the sweep and hated the dead spot on.

Same experience for me with my AXII and RJM Mastermind. Thankfully Sweetwater has a great return policy.

I used the boss as a vol pedal briefly. First quarter of sweep did absolutely nothing. Sold it pretty quickly. I use the ev1 one now and as much as I hate its size the sweep is definitely the best I've owned in a vol/exp pedal. Definitely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom