Anyone there?

I played a lot of bass guitar in 2021 and frequently used my FM3. Back to primarily guitar, again, but ready and able when needed on bass.

Just rejoined the Fractal army last week with the FM9 Turbo. I'm a bassist, but I created a bunch of patches on the AxefxII for our guitarist when I sold it to him in 2015.

sounds like we have a lot of bass players that are doubling up. When I bought my first AX8. That was the plans bass, electric and acoustic guitars. The FM3. Handles that beautifully

I think you'll like your FM9.

I've been using various Fractal gear since June 2007 for guitar and bass and haven't been disappointed yet.

I think you'll like your FM9.

I've been using various Fractal gear since June 2007 for guitar and bass and haven't been disappointed yet.

Oh I'm sure I will! I've owned and sold 2 fm3's because I felt DSP limited, and I don't want to carry the axe 3 around. Plus it's easier to get bass stuff on the QC, although sadly lacking pretty strongly despite being started by a bass player.

Oh I'm sure I will! I've owned and sold 2 fm3's because I felt DSP limited, and I don't want to carry the axe 3 around. Plus it's easier to get bass stuff on the QC, although sadly lacking pretty strongly despite being started by a bass player.
I haven't checked out the QC yet, but would like to try it out.

Just realized I hadn't chimed in here, oops.

Which goes along with never having played bass through my III.

Which is kind of sad, since I don't have an actual bass amp. Guess I'm not playing bass much these days...

I have more of a guitar player's heart I think, but I enjoy my bassist side too.

Really should check out the bass amps in the Axe...

I’m also coming over to fractal from the QC camp. Just placed my order for the FM9 today! Really looking forward to it. I’m thinking it will fulfill the shortcoming of the QC. I really just want one device and have everything contained in a single ecosystem.

I am playing bass through my Axe FX III and previously Axe FX II for nearly 10 years. I am using it for live and studio. I absolutely love the sound , quality and the freedom of routing. But I also use Darkglass pedals in a loop controlled by MIDI.
Recently I joined another project, this time on guitar, but I have different rig based on Boss GX-100 and multiple stomps. In that case I use Axe just for recording.

I’m also coming over to fractal from the QC camp. Just placed my order for the FM9 today! Really looking forward to it. I’m thinking it will fulfill the shortcoming of the QC. I really just want one device and have everything contained in a single ecosystem.

For me, yes and no - fractal bass content is even slimmer pickings than neural, and the form factor is a drawback for me (fm9 biggg). However, there are some very specific things I am currently frustrated with on the QC and it's only serving me as a live tool at the moment. And there's only one amp on it I actually like (GK800). I have a real 400+ and the fractal model is much closer to it, and I think it was closer to the SVT CL I had too. I just wish there were at least like a few more options for bass pedals. Dialing in a parallax-y tone takes 3 rows min and careful phase balancing :(

Back
Top Bottom