Anyone Switching between FC6 and FC12

Genghis

Power User
I got on the list early and picked up a 12, which is absolutely great. But I'm playing in some relatively cramped areas, and decided an FC6 may save just a little space in some of the tiny areas we are playing in. I'm planning to keep the FC12 and use it occasionally, and the FC6 for the band I currently work with, as I only use a handful of scenes per song, and that will work for this particular gig.

So, I'm just wondering if anyone else is doing anything similar and if you have any tips on setting it up to go back and forth. I would assume I'll need to back up the FC12 configuration to my computer, then configure the FC6 to meet my needs, and do the same before I restore the FC12 configuration to use that, correct? Can that be done without backing up presets at the same time. Those may be changing as I'm dialing in new tones, and I wanted to check to be sure that only the system configuration settings can be backed up independently. (Manual makes it look like it is able to do that, but thought I'd ask to be sure.)

You can have multiple FCs, so I think just designate FC#1 as FC-12 and FC#2 as FC-6... At least, that's how I think it would work.

Not talking about multiple at the same time, I mean use the FC6 sometimes by itself and other times the FC12. Probably mostly FC6 for the gigs I'm playing currently, but use the FC12 for another project I plan on doing this summer. At that point I'll be in 2 different bands with different needs. I don't think I'll ever need both at once.

Not talking about multiple at the same time, I mean use the FC6 sometimes by itself and other times the FC12. Probably mostly FC6 for the gigs I'm playing currently, but use the FC12 for another project I plan on doing this summer. At that point I'll be in 2 different bands with different needs. I don't think I'll ever need both at once.
I understand that... But each FC is assigned a number.

So programming FC#1 is different than FC#2, etc.

I understand that... But each FC is assigned a number.

So programming FC#1 is different than FC#2, etc.
I'll have to check that out, but from reading about it, I took that as something that is used to differentiate when using multiple FCs at the same time, and not so much for different times. I'll see if it works as you are saying next week when the FC6 gets here. And thanks for the idea.

i'm trying to get an FC6 so i can make videos about using multiple or for different setups.

I’ve been curious about using both boards too, and seeing some of that in action would be really helpful! I’ll probably be picking up a 12 soon to go along with my 6.

Back
Top Bottom