Anyone suggest their favorite Own Hammer or RedWirez for live use (High gain)

New beta Ownhammer's...
1486613669-mundoemoti-metal.gif
... and I'm sure the full commercial release will be just as outstanding. YE-OWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I tried out the Ownhammer beta impulses. I need more time with them but I doubt they will replace my go to Redwirez impulses. Don't get me wrong, they sound nice, good quality, I'm just not sure yet if they really sound authentic to their real life cabs, I'm also not a big fan of the cab that was released. Definitely worth a purchase to find out though. In my opinion, you should try out everything you can get your hands on and make the decision for yourself.

The difference at first listen with the Ownhammer IR's have very focused high and low end. Very little mids. My Redwirez's have much more full mid range frequencies and less noticeable high and low end. Everything is more flat.

Only interjecting to help, not pitching or attempting to convert:

Try W-5 through W-9 or WF-5 through WF-9. Anything with "Warm" in it has mids-a-plenty. ;) :thumbsup:

Only interjecting to help, not pitching or attempting to convert:

Try W-5 through W-9 or WF-5 through WF-9. Anything with "Warm" in it has mids-a-plenty. ;) :thumbsup:

I've loaded 5, F5, W5, and WF5. I preferred W5 probably the most. I'll try loading W5-9 and see if the higher numbers are more to my liking. My comments are simply me reacting to my first impressions trying out the new impulses compared to my go to Redwirez. Mind you, I have my patches tweaked with the Redwirez impulses in mind. It was just my observation that the new Ownhammer impulses appear to have less midrange than the Redwirez impulses I use, (don't forget we're also talking about two different cabinets as well). I'm sure I could dial more mids back in with the Ownhammer IR's and end up with a great tone. I just haven't spent enough time with them yet to make a final determination. I'm looking forward to the final release so I can compare apples to apples. :)

It's all good. :) I know there is limited space for those that use the Axe to audition and not in the DAW with the wave audio versions, so just figured I'd throw that out for good measure in case they weren't in the mix just yet. If comparing to RW, IIRC (and this is going back a week on a shot memory to begin with), I think the 'uberkab v30 sm57 cap edge 1 in' may have been closest in relative frequency response (though not at all the same in measured placement) to somewhere between W-7 and W-8, or WF-7 and WF-8, I can't remember which. I spent all of maybe 10 seconds listening, and was after I had everything well finalized, more of quick curiosity than comparison I guess... May be useful, may not, but there it is. :)

I like the new 5 position with SM57 when it comes to Ownhammer. With Red Wirez I like the Bogner 2x12 SM57 cone position, 0.5 inch distance.

THANK YOU KEVIN!!!

Tried the new Beta cab last night on a gig. Didn't have time to audition a bunch of cabs so I just loaded up the SM57-5 and TC30-5 and mixed them 50/50. Sounded GREAT to me at the gig! Had to quickly adjust a little low and high end on my Trainwreck patches (clean with just a little hair) and I was really really happy with the tones. Felt more open and clear the the stock RW I was using, but most of all I just loved the tone. Sounded more like a real cab to me somehow. As if the full range of the cab had been captured (I think someone else said something similar too). I don't usually use V30s, but these cabs are great and I'll probably be using them until you come out with something even better (for my needs that is) in the commercial offering.

Thank you for the great work and the generous gift of the beta files!!!

I mixed all the 5 positions of the SM57 evenly with Axe-O-Matic and this gave me awesome in room sound :)

Awesome IRs. Was A/Bing today to some of my favorite non-OH mixes and was very impressed. Had not tried Ownhammer before - looking forward to the commercial release!

Back
Top Bottom