Anyone still using QSC k12 need help with what to do with EQ blocks?

Try positioning, i dont like mine down as a wedge, so i stand it up. high cut in cab block as far down as 6k, monitor set to flat settings. I don't use eq's anywhere in the chain, just the cuts.

I've always been curious about this, but what is the difference between using a PEQ at the end of your chain as opposed to tweaking the Global EQ for Output 1 (when it comes to tweaking for different FRFR cabs) ?

The Global EQ is probably the more correct method for adjusting to different speakers and environments across all presets, but it's an 8-band graphic EQ, which isn't as surgical as a 5-band fully parametric EQ.

The Global EQ is probably the more correct method for adjusting to different speakers and environments across all presets, but it's an 8-band graphic EQ, which isn't as surgical as a 5-band fully parametric EQ.

Yeah, after I posted my question I actually referred to the manual and I realized that the global EQ would effect all presets. Now I can see the benefit of a PEQ at the end of a chain.

I use a QSC K10 and have been using the global eq to roll off highs and lows on the AxeFx. I set 8K at -6 and 16K at -12.
On the low side 31 and 62 are at -12 and 125 at -6.

After all these great tips i'm finding that having the parametric EQ - bands 1+5 blocking highs and lows after the cab block (not before amp block like I had it is making an improvement!

Is the Global EQ you suggest acessed from the front of the unit or a eq block with a modifyer controlled by a pedal?

I dont know how to use or set the parametric EQ, (cutting, blocking,etc) do you have any tips or tutorials for this?

Global EQ is acessed from the front of the unit.

Thanks,

I dont know how to use or set the parametric EQ, (cutting, blocking,etc) do you have any tips or tutorials for this?

Global EQ is acessed from the front of the unit.

Thanks,

This what Ive learned add a PEQ block after cab block and tweak Freq1 and Freq 5 knobs close to these settings and you are blocking the high and lows that the QSC 12 can reproduce but you dont want to hear..
PEQ_block.jpg

Last edited:
thanks man , really helpful.

Hope to share some patches for the QSC K12 users soon, i just upgraded to Quantum 1.05.

I have some Funk clean and Lead patches.

Is the Global EQ you suggest acessed from the front of the unit or a eq block with a modifyer controlled by a pedal?

Front panel. Page 133 in the manual:

"The OUT1 and OUT2 pages of the GLOBAL menu provide tone and level control tools for the two main outputs.

Output 1 and Output 2 are individually equipped with 10-band graphic equalizers for fine-tuning of the tone across all presets. The outermost bands are shelf type filters. These come in handy when using the Axe-Fx II in different acoustical environments, or when you change amps/speakers with no opportunity to adjust your presets.

Output 1 settings apply to all instances of the Output 1 mix signal including the Headphone jack, the OUT1 balanced jacks, the OUT1 unbalanced jacks, and signal which may be routed to USB or DIGITAL OUTS.

One exception to note: when OUTPUT 2 ECHO is set to “OUTPUT 1” in the I/O:AUDIO menu, the global Graphic EQ setting for OUT1 is NOT copied to Output 2; Output 2 is processed by its own global graphic equalizer in the usual way.

Output 2 settings apply to all instances of the Output 2 mix signal including the Output 2 unbalanced jacks (FX send) and the Output 2 signal, which can be routed to the DIGITAL OUTS. (See I/O:AUDIO on p. 134 for more on routing)."
So actually, if all you're doing is a high pass and a low pass with the PEQ, you can probably get away with using the Global 10-band instead. The benefit is that you wouldn't need to add it to every preset, and I'm assuming you want it on every preset as you are correcting the K12 response.

Front panel. Page 133 in the manual:

"The OUT1 and OUT2 pages of the GLOBAL menu provide tone and level control tools for the two main outputs.

Output 1 and Output 2 are individually equipped with 10-band graphic equalizers for fine-tuning of the tone across all presets. The outermost bands are shelf type filters. These come in handy when using the Axe-Fx II in different acoustical environments, or when you change amps/speakers with no opportunity to adjust your presets.

Output 1 settings apply to all instances of the Output 1 mix signal including the Headphone jack, the OUT1 balanced jacks, the OUT1 unbalanced jacks, and signal which may be routed to USB or DIGITAL OUTS.

One exception to note: when OUTPUT 2 ECHO is set to “OUTPUT 1” in the I/O:AUDIO menu, the global Graphic EQ setting for OUT1 is NOT copied to Output 2; Output 2 is processed by its own global graphic equalizer in the usual way.

Output 2 settings apply to all instances of the Output 2 mix signal including the Output 2 unbalanced jacks (FX send) and the Output 2 signal, which can be routed to the DIGITAL OUTS. (See I/O:AUDIO on p. 134 for more on routing)."
So actually, if all you're doing is a high pass and a low pass with the PEQ, you can probably get away with using the Global 10-band instead. The benefit is that you wouldn't need to add it to every preset, and I'm assuming you want it on every preset as you are correcting the K12 response.
Yes makes sense to do it your way and frees up resources and if I blow a k12 and have to grab something else than I can make the tweaks without computer.

Curious when you said you sand it up is that on a stand at ear level or just on the floor in an upright position?

on the floor, in my avatar you can see the top of it under my rack back there. I use an onstage keyboard stand so the whole rig takes up a square foot or so.

Back
Top Bottom