Anyone sell all their tube amps?

Just the ones that depreciated. Still have my Fenders (easier to list models I don’t have), Marshall (plexi) and Boogie (Mark I). Also kept my very vintage pedals. The Kemper went too. Only use the AxeFX III and the 1964 Traynor YBA-1 (yes, tube rectified), and the 50W Plexi. All three are glorious. Of course, the Fractal is the go-to. With it, I have a few of every amp I want and the easiest “fx pedal board” ever.

Edited to correct an auto-correct...

I still have my two tube amps (Peavey 5150II and PRS Archon) and two large pedalboards and I will keep them. Although I play my Axe FX 98% of the time. I still enjoy the 2% I use to sit in my dark room, only illumintaed by the LEDs of the pedals and the glowing of tubes, tweaking knobs, pushing buttons ...

I keep my mesa boogie mark iii red stripe wood full optional head just for collectable purpose.. I play inly in my apartment and digital is the best solution right now.. But who knows in the future? Maybe a sort of a suhr reactive load ir plus guitar effects in it?

Maybe a sort of a suhr reactive load ir plus guitar effects in it?

I use my two amps each with a loadbox (Two Notes Live and Captor) which get amplified again with an Seymour Duncan Power Stage. It's a crazy setup, but it sounds good, even at lower volumes. I can play in the middle of the night through my 2x12 cab.

The last of my tube amps is going to be sold on Monday. Fender red knob "The Twin", that I bought new in 1987. I gigged it for a couple of years before switching to a complete ADA right, split stack and all, with an Alesis Quadraverb and a Tom Scholz Analog Chorus rack module that I used for 22 years, along with a PCM-10 MIDI controller for switching. I got hooked on the "press a button to change several things at once" philosophy!
I then switched over to an Eleven Rack for 1 1/2 years before getting my AXE II in 2011. I now use the III, and have an AX8 for my "small pedalboard". The II and the MFC-101 are for sale!

Last edited:
Sold my mesa blue angel combo to get axe fx 2. Got the axe fx 3 and rebought my amp i sold and now use 4cm. Dont sell what youll regret

Am I the only one actually buying more amps after Axe FX ? I am in love with my Axe but I also love the smell of hot tubes and thanx to my Fractal unit I discovered more interesting amps I'd like to have. Ok maybe I am more a collectionist than a musician but I feel happy with both digital and analog.

Some of them aren't in the AxeFx portfolio (yet)

Last edited:
I’ve only owned one tube amp, a JCM 800 2205 half stack. I haven’t played it in many years since going with modeling.

But it just looks so cool I don’t think I could sell it.

I sold a Marshal DSL40CR to fund a Powercab 112 Plus for my Axe 3. I still have my JP2C and Mesa Recto 4x12 cab. That one I just can't part with.

It's really quite amazing how just one piece of gear can have such a dramatic affect on your setup.
I couldn't imagine hearing this many years ago as a young player. I don't think I would have believed it.
Even being part of an on line forum. What's a on line forum?
Fractal = Amazing!

I sold my last tube amp in 1998 and never went back to them. And I had few of them. That was before Fractal Audio. I aligned the planets with a combination of Roland VG-8, Marshall JMP-1, and Boss GX-700

Sold my amps, fridge rack and giant pedalboard a LONG ass time ago thanks to Fractal. The first company IMO that got the quality of amps AND FX right along with a great user interface. All started with this dude Cliff posting his crazy powerful looking product on Huge Racks Inc... :D Memories!

I’ll never sell my brownface vibroverb clone that I’ve built myself about 5 years ago. It’s just my sound, and always come back to it. I only use it in one of my groups and almost newer at home, so it’s been about 8-9 months since I turned it on last time but I now that I’ll feel at home next time I’ll do it.

I come from a fridge sized rack with triaxis, jmp-1, 2:90 wtc etc. Sold it after I bought the axe2. Axe 2 did exactly why I had keep adding and adding and changing etc. The axe was a dream come true. Last week I put my jsx and marshall 4x12 up for sale. I had not fired it ip for years. Now the axe 3 mark 2 came out. I want it haha. If only there was an fc18...Ill be buying a Voes midi controller. I just love the mfc-101. I love having the ability to just turn on and off individual effects. I also love having many presets but also remembering scenes is too much for me. I must admit that when I took the jsx for a testdrive to make sure it was working properly I tended to keep it. A 4x12 making your organs vibrate is hard to beat.
Harm

Back
Top Bottom