Anyone see potential issues/problems here?

Figuring out how to better utilize space in the home office/studio/place where I'm banished to when I piss the wife off.

Anyone see any potential issues in the setup below? Yes yes...I know theres a Spider amp in the pic....its just a placeholder till it grows up into a real FRFR. I know it could tip over but should I be concerned with weight on the AXE or potential overheating/cooling issues? Anything else?

Attachments

• 20200512_194327.jpg
    20200512_194327.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 149
  • 20200512_194340.jpg
    20200512_194340.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 143
I'm just trying to get both of them off the floor (amp) and desk (AXE) in as compact a space as possible and the arms of the stand aren't high enough in back if I put the AXE on top of the Spider

Figuring out how to better utilize space in the home office/studio/place where I'm banished to when I piss the wife off.

Anyone see any potential issues in the setup below? Yes yes...I know theres a Spider amp in the pic....its just a placeholder till it grows up into a real FRFR. I know it could tip over but should I be concerned with weight on the AXE or potential overheating/cooling issues? Anything else?

Someone quoted a response from Fractal support where they say that they routinely stack 6-7 of them without an issue.

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/putting-weight-on-top-of-ax3.160989/post-1927849

Then I'd plop it on top of the amp personally but if you want the amp on top at least the weight is off of the AxeFx.

I'd love to have it that way but the arms for the amp stand don't reach high enough, the AXE would slip right off the top of the amp at that angle. I likely will get a case similar to what you posted, thanks!

HI Newhope,

Sorry but it's a no from me too, for the following reasons
1/ The Axefx is too low to be effectively controlled in that position
2/ The FRFR has too much weight at the top for the support it's given at the bottom - IE; there is way less than half of the speaker being supported by the rack and one push from the front/top would have it all tumbling down.

In my humble opinion, you'd be better off spending some money on a real solution rather than trying to save some hobbling this together. That money will be very well spent, and you'll be glad in the long run!

Thanks
Pauly

HI Newhope,

Sorry but it's a no from me too, for the following reasons
1/ The Axefx is too low to be effectively controlled in that position
2/ The FRFR has too much weight at the top for the support it's given at the bottom - IE; there is way less than half of the speaker being supported by the rack and one push from the front/top would have it all tumbling down.

In my humble opinion, you'd be better off spending some money on a real solution rather than trying to save some hobbling this together. That money will be very well spent, and you'll be glad in the long run!

Thanks
Pauly

I don't mind spending money but I haven't found a good single solution to rack/stack both the amp (and/or future FRFR cab) and the AXE in a compact'ish area. The Quik-Lok BS-625 looks like it might do the trick eventually but its out of stock everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom