Anyone run into this when ordering an Axe-Fx III ?

Whatever. I've never been treated like this as a customer and I'm not appreciating it at all.

Still waiting for the phone call.

Take the call - or call Sales and work it out like we all expect to be treated. I get you’re frustrated. But they told you why. 1:10 is fraud.

Help the company you chose to support - not fail, through ignoring risk and their bank’s advice/policies.

You’ll be happy you did. It’s an incredible product and company.

Just got off the phone. We were able to verify through Facetime so I did not have to "send" a picture of myself or ID which I had a big issue with. I get the caution but that was just way too much for a privacy nut like myself.

Axe FX should be on it's way to my preferred address soon. I appreciate the work around and I look forward to finally getting my hands on it.

Assuming I'm as impressed with it as I expect to be, I'll be back to show it off.

Just got off the phone. We were able to verify through Facetime so I did not have to "send" a picture of myself or ID which I had a big issue with. I get the caution but that was just way too much for a privacy nut like myself.

Axe FX should be on it's way to my preferred address soon. I appreciate the work around and I look forward to finally getting my hands on it.

Assuming I'm as impressed with it as I expect to be, I'll be back to show it off.

See, simple personal exchange gets it all worked out...

Heck, that is how all business used to be done, and we had a lot less issues than we do today when anyone can claim to be anyone else, buying stuff without having to talk to another person.

Sure it’s great to buy stuff at 3am on a whim, but, it’s also why companies are facing 1:10 fraudulent transactions.

At any rate, glad you got it sorted and hope you enjoy your new IIi

Glad you sorted it out. What made me feel like a I was being treated like criminal was the fact that I received the phone call to further prove my identity after I already complied with the pictures in the email. Guess I have a fraudulent look? Lol.

I’d love to see how Doug reacts if he ever gets a fraudulent charge on his account.... “why don’t companies do more to protect the customer?” I’m sure he’d be screaming.....

I'm obviously careful with my data. I've dealt with that stuff before. They wanted verification which is understandable. I was willing to work with them but just not through email. It isn't secure in the same way that an online order form with an SSL is. I'm paranoid with my data so I understand their caution but would advise requesting images like that through email not be the first go to option. Maybe present a couple of options for people to choose from in the future? For example, had the original email I received mentioned a FaceTime/skype call being an option, I would have instantly jumped on that and none of this would have been an issue. I know I'm not the only one that would have a negative reaction to this the way it was presented and under the same circumstances. Just food for thought. I'm fine with the end result but the minor hassle could be avoided that way in the future.

I'm obviously careful with my data. I've dealt with that stuff before. They wanted verification which is understandable. I was willing to work with them but just not through email. It isn't secure in the same way that an online order form with an SSL is. I'm paranoid with my data so I understand their caution but would advise requesting images like that through email not be the first go to option. Maybe present a couple of options for people to choose from in the future? For example, had the original email I received mentioned a FaceTime/skype call being an option, I would have instantly jumped on that and none of this would have been an issue. I know I'm not the only one that would have a negative reaction to this the way it was presented and under the same circumstances. Just food for thought. I'm fine with the end result but the minor hassle could be avoided that way in the future.
Small companies that do a large volume in sales simply do not have the resources to have people standing by to facetime or skype at a moment's notice. I would imagine Fractal's (or their bank's) initial reply wards off most fraudulent attempts and they presume that legitimate purchasers would simply ask for other options.

You discovered, just as I did, there is a solution in place with a simple phone call if a person is willing to ask for other options. It was your approach in this thread that caused a few here to question your motives.

Very glad you got it sorted out and are getting what you were wanting to buy.

I’m sorry, dude, but those guys kind of went out of their way to deviate from their policy. That’s a rare thing. I bet Randell Smith wouldn’t have personally got involved in your situation. I get what you are saying and I’ve been frustrated before over someone trying to copy my ID.

I’m sorry, dude, but those guys kind of went out of their way to deviate from their policy. That’s a rare thing. I bet Randell Smith wouldn’t have personally got involved in your situation. I get what you are saying and I’ve been frustrated before over someone trying to copy my ID.

Oh dude. I've been dealing with MESA since the 90's. Those guys are INCREDIBLE. One of my all time favorite companies. They once fixed a Tri-Axis that they knew I bought used and it was way out of warranty without charging me anything at all. Not even return shipping. They even sent it back in the proper packing with a manual which I didn't have. Love those guys. Never talked to Randall but I've spoken with a bunch of them over there. You ever take one of their products apart? Those people love what they build and it shows.

I'm very optimistic about Fractal after talking to them personally. I admit I was frustrated and I can be a bit of an a****** sometimes. These companies have a duty to look out for themselves but, so do we. It wasn't wrong to question it. I should have been a bit more patient but patience is simply not a virtue I possess in great abundance.

Last edited:
Oh dude. I've been dealing with MESA since the 90's. Those guys are INCREDIBLE. One of my all time favorite companies. They once fixed a Try-Axis that they knew I bought used and it was way out of warranty without charging me anything at all. Not even return shipping. They even sent it back in the proper packing with a manual which I didn't have. Love those guys. Never talked to Randall but I've spoken with a bunch of them over there. You ever take one of their products apart? Those people love what they build and it shows.

I'm very optimistic about Fractal after talking to them personally. I admit I was frustrated and I can be a bit of an a****** sometimes. These companies have a duty to look out for themselves but, so do we. It wasn't wrong to question it. I should have been a bit more patient but patience is simply not a virtue I possess in great abundance.
Not knocking Mesa for sure. I love my TC-50!

Glad it worked out. Looking fwd to your thoughts after some playing. Have you tried other modelers before?

Nope. Just jumping in head first. Been researching for months. I'm a hardcore tube amp fanatic but couldn't ignore the potential of these things anymore. Not to mention the convenience. I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions when it arrives.

Welcome aboard Doug.

Be prepared for some serious fun, and remember this forum is an excellent resource for help & learning.
BTW, what are you going to be using to monitor the AxeIII? equipment used makes a big difference in the overall experience of transitioning from traditional amps to modelers. I know of some people who've given up on modelers having only used them with headphones for instance.

Welcome aboard Doug.

Be prepared for some serious fun, and remember this forum is an excellent resource for help & learning.
BTW, what are you going to be using to monitor the AxeIII? equipment used makes a big difference in the overall experience of transitioning from traditional amps to modelers. I know of some people who've given up on modelers having only used them with headphones for instance.

Most immediately it will be plugged into my Mac (I use Logic X) which is plugged into a pair of Yamaha HS7's. I'm interested in seeing what ways I can use it with my Mesa Tremoverb also but it will mainly be a recording tool.

If you facetimed them, then they got the photo ID of you they needed via screen capture. Glad its all sorted now.
:D Why would you instigate him like that?

I work in Technology at one of the largest credit card processors in North America. Cliff is right. Identity theft and credit card fraud are rampant. The fraud we see is greater than 10%, but a sizable portion of the fraud is detected and prevented by our fraud detection systems. Enhanced due diligence like this is only going to become more prevalent. We also have features that are active in our product development pipeline to further enhance the security of cards.

Back
Top Bottom