Anyone purchase an Axe-FX and have it Shipped to a UPS store?

A to the T

Experienced
Maybe a silly question but I'm up in Canada and was thinking of buying a B-stock unit online and having them ship it to Syracuse NY as I'll be down there on November 3rd. The shipping cost to Canada is $150 whereas Syracuse is $28 and I figured it'd be a no-brainer since I'll be there anyway. Has anyone shipped something to a UPS store for hold pickup? I'm wondering how long they'd hold the unit for and if my passport and driver's license would be enough ID to pick up the parcel.
Maybe' slightly off topic for this forum but I couldn't figure out where else to ask it.

Thanks.

You can have FAS initiate having it held for pickup at a UPS service center.
They have to do it on their end.
You need a Drivers License or other ID to sign for it.

Yes, usually they'll hold for 1 week then charge you fees for storage (assuming you're a PO box customer). The store employees sign for it on delivery so at that point the item is delivered and UPS corporate moves on to the next delivery.

I had it sent to a UPS store in Lewiston, which is a Kinek depot, then had All-star Mail & Ship (if I recall their name correctly) deliver it to me from there (I'm about an hour West of Toronto). You'd need to set up a Kinek account first, but it's not pricey at all, and you could call them to arrange a pick-up date.

Back
Top Bottom