Anyone own a Suhr tele?

pauliusmm

Fractal Fanatic
I have a Suhr strat and it is a wonderful guitar, but my partscaster tele gets more play time, because it fits the music i play better. I see alot of Suhr strats for sale, and very few Suhr teles. Does that mean they are so good that people don't want to sell them or they are that bad that no one is buying them? :)
I am tempted to get a Suhr tele, but i want some opinions of the Suhr tele owners. Im quite happy how my partscaster tele sounds, but i kinda hate the neck. I Also tried changing the neck to Warmoth, which had a better feel, but it made it sound worse.
So im thinking about Suhr tele with single coils. Any experience with that?

Last edited:
Never played a Suhr Tele, but I own two Classic S. I have no doubt that their Teles are great guitars. I think the reason you see less of them for sale, is because it's just a less popular model in general on fewer of them around.

Never played a Suhr Tele, but I own two Classic S. I have no doubt that their Teles are great guitars. I think the reason you see less of them for sale, is because it's just a less popular model in general on fewer of them around.

And they're less popular because Tele's in general are less popular, seen as country machines, and doubly so for Suhr country guys seem to be pretty loyal to Fender (that whole Chevy or Ford and others need not apply mentality).

You should go on the YouTube and check out what Andy Wood has been doing with his sig Suhr tele. That dude is an insane player and does it justice.

I have a Classic-T (and a Classic-S). It's a wonderful Tele! Smoother than most Fenders I've played, the bridge PU gives you that classic Country tone, but without the piercing highs that most Teles have.

Did it already :) sounds great, but his signature tele is a bit out of my budget.

That's the main problem with $uhr guitars.

Personally I would build a Warmoth Tele, probably run you about half of what a Shur costs and you can pretty much build it to your spec.

Personally I would build a Warmoth Tele, probably run you about half of what a Shur costs and you can pretty much build it to your spec.
I have a partscaster already that is decent, but not great. I tried a Warmoth neck on it, but it didn't worked for that guitar. It was a nice roasted maple neck, but it made the guitar sound a bit dull so i sold it and put the old neck back. It sounds better but is a bit unconfortable compared to Suhr, which has a best neck i ever played.

I have 2 Suhrs, and they are my go-to giggers. I have a Classic and a Modern. Are they expensive? Yep. Are they worth the investment? Yep. You would do well with either a Suhr Tele or an Anderson Tele. Both great guitars. Personally, I lean towards the Suhr. You can order a Suhr through either Humbucker Music or Matts Music. Both are very big Suhr dealers and are great to work with. I ordered my Modern through Matts Music and my Classic through Humbucker Music. They work with you on the price too. I was able to negotiate a pretty good deal each time.

Yep... I said the same thing a few years back when I wanted an Anderson. Of course now that I have a couple of Amdersons I know there is a difference in getting a nice guitar to your specs and an exceptional guitar that really sings.

I'd say save your pennies for the Suhr. I don't own one myself, but I've played a few and they really are top notch guitars.

I have a Classic T that is a wonderful guitar. Played on many many gigs. Doesn't get as much play time these days as my Anderson Cobra T is more my style. The Cobra is short scale, mahogany, 2 humbuckers and so it's not a true Tele, but to me it is even better for what I do.

I have a Suhr strat and it is a wonderful guitar, but my partscaster tele gets more play time, because it fits the music i play better. I see alot of Suhr strats for sale, and very few Suhr teles. Does that mean they are so good that people don't want to sell them or they are that bad that no one is buying them? :)
I am tempted to get a Suhr tele, but i want some opinions of the Suhr tele owners. Im quite happy how my partscaster tele sounds, but i kinda hate the neck. I Also tried changing the neck to Warmoth, which had a better feel, but it made it sound worse.
So im thinking about Suhr tele with single coils. Any experience with that?

Suhr guitars are the working mans guitar! Thankfully I am caretaker to a great collection of guitars and have owned many other very fine Telecaster guitars. For gigging my No 1 is a Suhr Tele with one piece Cocobolo neck and I couldn't recommend them more. They have perfected the Telecaster ( and Strat ) . No string tree, Stainless steel frets , Locking tuners, updated bridge with extra adjustments on the barrels, High tech wiring and controls and the pick ups hit the nail on the head. Not so Hot like EVERYTHING these days but clear and vintage sounding but there is just a little bit of juice on top. Then there is the customer service, the company has treated me like there ONLY customer.

I own a Suhr Classic Antique Tele and I'm absolutely in love with that guitar! Mine has roasted maple neck and Even C Medium neck profile. It's my go-to guitar since I bought it a year and a half ago.

Reactions: sam
Don't own any Suhr's yet but the ones I've played are AMAZING!!!
I agree the reason you don't see Teles is they are not as popular but I'm "Suhr" they are just as awesome as the Strats!

I have a suhr classic antique strat and it's amazing.
But my main guitar is an mjt tele with lollar pups and a luthier build neck with roasted Maple, rosewood fingerboard an ss frets. They basically copied the suhr strat neck profile.
I'm building a new mjt 52 blackguard tele.
Love mjt.

Back
Top Bottom